Christmas tree

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Whats your preferance,type and how well do you decorate it? I like a fresh cut tree so I hit a Christmas Tree Farm every year, usually tag the tree after Thanksgiving and pick it up whenever. White Pine is my favorite tree, long ago I use to get Douglas Fir but got tired of ripping the hair off my arms from the sap. I like a fully decorated tree, lights, tinsil, different shaped balls, and a little dash of snow but the wifey on the other hand doesnt like the bling so the tree now reminds me of Little House on the Prairie. We use to argue over this till I pulled a Roberto Duran NO-MAUSS, lets see, that makes the score wifey 2,000,000,000, shamoo 1 :wink:

I love a Nice Blue Spruce but the wifey says they do not hodl teh ornaments as well as she likes?????

So she opts for a Douglass Fir - that makes my score wifey 200,000 Captain Ahab 0

Shamoo - how did you get the one win?

Well... all 7 of my wifes full sized, decorated, indoor trees are fake. One being 9' plus. Every one has a defferant theme, alot of the decorations are hand made. I help her put up the "family" tree, then I leave to go backpacking. Its always the 2nd weekend in Nov. I stay gone a couple days and come back to a Christmas village. Come Thanksgiving, I get stuck putting up the outside stuff. I say stuck but every year I choose to add more.

Man sccamper had to read that first line 4 times,before it didn't look like you had 7 wives.
Skinny Charlie Brown tree..fir.
Been lazy the last couple years and went to you cut...normally can find one when rabbit hunting.

My wife started 2 weeks before turkey day we put up 3 trees ll fake the tallest is 10 ft themes here also 1 has all snowmen the other is fishing and the 3rd is all crystal every inch if space has some sort of decoration on it She has a 6' tall china case full of snowman figures

We have a Xmas party every year and the numbers keep going up..
we sent out 180 invites this year so we figure we should gt 150 at least..

menu:
homemade BBQ pork
hot roast beef
3 smoked turkey breasts
baked beans
potato casserole
and everyone brings a covered dish or dessert
I just picked up 100lbs of ice for the frozen mudslides, margatias and any other frozen drink she can think of.

I switched over to an artificial tree several years ago. The last fresh cut tree I purchased was a disaster. I loader her up in my truck took it home set it up in the stand and from the other room I started hearing noises :lol: The needles started falling off in bunches. I picked up the tree and drug it out into the backyard, vacuumed up a million needles and then went to Freda & Fred's (Mr Shamoo will remember this place) and bought an artificial tree with the lights already on it.

We decorate our tree mostly with Lennox ornaments that are personalized with my kids names for each year and the ornaments they make in school....

We switched to an Artificial Tree when my son was born because we didn't want him crawling around eating needles. That was 7 years ago and we still use the same tree. Maybe next year we will get a real one. I love the smell of a real tree.

On the tree, we have lots of ornaments the kids made in school over the years, real candy canes, different colored balls, icicles, snowflakes, snowmen, and a LM Bass Ornament my wife got for me this year(I love her for that)

Now if I could just keep the cat from playing with the ornaments... #-o

We do the fake tree with lights in it already. All sorts of ornaments covering various things from fishing, to a tree with a picture of me and the girlfriend in it, to bone shaped ones with the dogs names in them. My mom does it all, everything has to go in certain places because sometimes the dogs think they can snack on the glass ones.

We alternate between the real deal and the fiber optic one. I like the Fiber optic one and the wife likes the real one. This year there isn't going to be one. Scrooge McFrank says no to any and all decorations inside and out this year.

Fake trees for us for a number of years now. We also got tired of the falling needles. We now have a 7' "pencil tree" (real skinny), which the kids refer to as the Charlie Brown tree, lol. Minimal ornaments and lights. We leave the lights on, fold-down the branches, wrap it in a "saran wrap" type plastic, and store it in the attic. :)

Our living room as a 15' cathedral ceiling, so my wife wanted a tree that took up the whole center window (which also took my spot on couch for watching the tube...) We've got a 9.5' pre-lit tree. Luckily all I have to do is help her put it together, then she puts on HUNDREDS (literally) of ornaments.

DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

And I get to do the outside..

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

Now Tiffany wants me to go outside and take a pic with the Christmas tree lit... so I'll have another pic in a few...

DSCF0519.jpg

Latest posts