Place your bets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Took 3.5 hours this afternoon and put up one of those fabric sheds.
It's a 10 by 20 fits boat and trailer perfect.
I figure the wind,(which we get plenty of) or the fact that it is butt ugly;it won't last the winter season.
O well,only took me 2 years to put up,aleast it's finally out the box.
I'll take a picture tomorrow....should of built a bigger shed.

Had 2 days of wind,gusts of 90km(50mph)and a steady 40km(25);from the SW.Wasn't sure if it would be a kite or not,lasted so far.shed.jpg

It lasted a week:shed.jpg
To be fair we had a steady 35mph wind for the last 12 hours,with gusts of over 100mph.I havn't seen it blow this hard ever,for this long.
The zipper broke first,then one side dented in.I was afraid it might go and take part of my shed with it or wreck something else.I was out last night trying to take it apart nicely(hands were froze,snowing,blowing)ended up saying frig it and taking a knife to the bottom of it.
Think I'll see how much it will cost for a 20/24 shed.Crazy weather.

dang that sucks. Is it a PVC frame with a tarp fitted to that?

I would think that you could replace the PVC with steel pipe if that's the case... but it would probably be more beneficial if you just go ahead and build it. You might also just be able to build a "lean-to" shed off of your existing shed. Just put you a couple of 4x6 or 6x6 posts out on the ends and side, then build you a roof attached to your shed. The roof only needs to be about 3' above your seats, and it will keep out those hard pouring rains.

It was(is)2" steel frame.Still blowing here,power was out...had hurricane gusts and I was probably under estimating the wind speed.
I think it would have been great in a more sheltered area.Where I live,theres an open river and marsh land for miles,plus I'm only a mile from the Atlantic.
Like I said before,I bought acouple years ago,knew I was wasting money but I've done that before.
Tons of trees down across the roads,lost my chimmney caps,Dad has a tree across his power lines,pulled his entrance off.Having a pretty good storm.
Thought about adding to my shed(only a year old),might be the route I go.Would really like a bigger shed with a upstairs for my fishing gear,T.V....nice little get away:)

Well alot of people here still without power since Sunday night.My parents being one of them,he has a generator for his deep freeze and some lights,woodstove for heat,to stubborn to come home for Christmas.
I'm still at work,be here till 7;00 power keeps going off messing my day up.Could be alot worse...Happy Holidays.
power please stay on for another hour:)

Zum said:
Well alot of people here still without power since Sunday night.My parents being one of them,he has a generator for his deep freeze and some lights,woodstove for heat,to stubborn to come home for Christmas.
I'm still at work,be here till 7;00 power keeps going off messing my day up.Could be alot worse...Happy Holidays.
power please stay on for another hour:)

Your work sounds like my werk. Power goes off, messes up my day because I can't be on the internet... :lol: :lol:

Latest posts