A few Jigs I've tied

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
All but one of these was tied within the past week or so. I have just been sitting down and tying one when I have a few spare minutes. Hopefully once I get my finals done I'll have a bit of time to make several more. Sorry for the crappy pictures, but Iphone+low light=not good. Still getting the hang of it, so be nice :D

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 494
they look good. I like how they have more material in the tail. More than the jigs they sell around here.

those are some awesome looking jigs... Where I'm from we use jigs similar to those trolling for crappie. What do you guys use them for? Of course they could be larger than what I'm used to seeing as well...

They are all 1/8 or 1/16 ounce heads. I am tying them for crappie/panfish. I never got into the whole 1/32oz and lower because the way I look at it is, if the fish only wants something that small, it won't be worth eating.

The black and the pink heads were purchased colored, the other colors I painted myself with latex, but in the next week or so I hope to set-up the toaster oven I bought for powder coating (small parts for the ATV's, never got around to it though) set up in the garage and start using the powder paints, and buying the heads in bulk. I am also hoping to start trying other materials soon, like other types of feathers and stuff.

BassAddict, I'll send some for you to take picture of if you send me some plastics to take pictures of :p

I hope Jim doesn't mind (after all I do advesrtise this site there =D> ), but I would like to direct your attention to Crappie.com. There is a forum there just for tying jigs. We have started swapping jigs with others there. It is a good way to learn different techniques.

I've lurked there a lot and actually just registered today. I don't have the skill of the guys on there and would be embarrassed honestly.

fowlmood77 said:
I hope Jim doesn't mind (after all I do advesrtise this site there =D> ), but I would like to direct your attention to Crappie.com. There is a forum there just for tying jigs. We have started swapping jigs with others there. It is a good way to learn different techniques.

I do not mind at all! I figure if you learn something over there, you might share it over here. :D

Those are some super nice jigs

OH YEAH - I will always trade soft plastics for jigs - what do you like to use?

Can you tie shad darts?
Bucktails?

Captain, I have done a couple bucktails, I'll get some close ups sometime this week, I'll also look up the darters and see if I can do it. I need to try some new ones anyways.

ShadowWalker said:
Captain, I have done a couple bucktails, I'll get some close ups sometime this week, I'll also look up the darters and see if I can do it. I need to try some new ones anyways.

Awesome - I will pour you a pile of soft plastics - Smallie Killers and some Nice Senkos for the LM Bass

Latest posts