Farewell, old friend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
We had 5 great seasons together and I am thankful that I got to share them with you. Maybe you can coerce dad into taking up duck hunting before I get there to join you guys.

You are greatly missed, Gauge.

gauge6wks3.jpg

gauge6wks1.jpg

gauge12wkteal1.jpg

gaugesfirst.jpg

g1.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

Magnum Gauge Bourbon&Water 2003~2008

I was not prepared for that this morning.

He had been ill but I had already taken him to the vet once and they diagnosed after some blood work. I guess more correctly it would be misdiagnosed. I wish they had done x-rays 2 weeks ago instead of just this morning. I am sure that he had to be in tremendous pain but he never showed it, not for a second.

I never knew that a dog could get a hernia in their diaphragm. According to my vet, the outcome is pretty much always the same when it happens.

Sorry man, I know how you are feeling. I lost a german shepherd while I was overseas a few years ago that I had had since I was in middle school. I got her when I was 11, and lost her when I was 23.

Sorry to hear about your loss, it sure does hurt. Dogs sure do create a lot of pleasure in life. I lost my yellow lab last fall, he was 11 but still acted like a pup, I know how hard it is.

Sorry for your loss Quack... we had a blue chow of 5 years which I raised from a pup which had to be put down due to cancer... it is never fun. Again, my condolences.

It's always very painful to hear when these kinds of tragedies happen. The fact that we can do nothing to change Mother Nature's course is even more frightening. A dog is family, and he/she, along with the hole left in your heart, can never be replaced. But we cannot mourn forever, so please, as hard as it must be, try to remember all the goodtimes had. It will make recovery a lot easier, but more importantly, helps you remember how joyful he made your life and how good of a pooch Gauge was. All things come and go, and right now, Gauge is in a place with no suffering-let's be happy for that! He will always be there watching you.

Your tinboats family will always be here when you need anything, just give us a shout.
I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Keep your head up bud!

Thank you for the kind words, guys.

I caught myself on the way out the door to feed him this morning just like I had done for the last 5 1/2 years. :(

Latest posts