My dad got attacked by a dog today.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
And is in the hospital, where he will stay until sometime between Friday and Sunday.

Apparently, while he was at work, he went outside to look at a customers car (he is the manager of a repair shop), and the customers pit bull attacked him. Went straight for the neck. At the time, he didn't realize it was so bad, so he went inside, and in his typical behavior, he asked his coworker if he still kept his gun in the truck. Then, his stubborn self wouldn't let anyone drive himself to the hospital, and even called mom while he was going over there, saying that he was just going to get stitched up, and was fine. Little bit later, he calls back, saying he will be there a little longer, as they found he was breathing through the front of his throat. :shock: Course, he mentioned it so nonchalantly, as is his normal stubborn attitude. Few minutes later, mom got a call from the hospital, saying she should come on down there. He was going into surgery, because a) he was breathing through his throat, and b) the dog damaged a nerve, which could possibly have a lasting effect on his bottom jaw.

Of course, when my moms friend, who drove her down there, made a witty comment, he still managed the complementary one finger salute, even after having been torn apart, to remove dog bacteria. Doctor also met mom at the door, telling her that he absolutely will not be allowed to put the engine in the truck next week, along with all the other things he was planning to do. Typical for him. The dog was literally about a half an inch from killing him (if it got an artery), and he is mad as he!! that he can't replace the truck engine next week. He also seemed to think that he would be driving himself home tonight. Even as mom was about to leave, and drive his vehicle home, he of course had to be the one in control, and had to hound mom that the brakes were only about 2 days old, so go easy on them, and that the tires are almost worn out, so be careful, along with all the other trivial things that he constantly hounds everybody about. Apparently his intellect is much higher than anybody else on this earth, or at least it has always been that way in his mind.

They have him on morphine right now, and he cannot eat or drink anything until Sunday. Right now, he is still under the belief he is coming home tomorrow, because nobody could convince him otherwise.

The dog is currently locked away behind bars. We have no clue what convinced it to attack. Doctor said it was clear the dog was aiming to kill, so he musta felt threatened or something. It was not a case of the dog being aware of someone being scared of dogs, as dad has been around dogs since he was born, and we currently have 4 at the house. The only thing we can think of, is that maybe the dog smelled our 4, and the shop dog, and felt threatened. The pit bull will likely be put down, after they finish looking into this.

He will be fine, but the stubborn (edit) is mad as he!! right now. So far, it seems that the jaw damage will be minor, on one side, so he may not be able to suck through a straw, but there is a good chance that in less than 6 months, that will be back to normal.

Wow Bassboy1! My prayers are with your family to get through this. Keep us posted. Let me know if you need anything man.

In my eyes a good pitbull is a dead pitbull.

Real sorry to hear about your Dad. Yall will be in my prayers. I wonder if the dog was thinking your Dad was coming for the car/dogs territory.

That is very frightening... I will be keeping your dad and you/your family in my prayers for a full recovery!

sccamper said:
I wonder if the dog was thinking your Dad was coming for the car/dogs territory.
That could be. While my dad isn't the smallest around, he isn't that intimidating, and has been around dogs forever, so it would have to be something territorial, or having to do with the smell of the other 5 dogs.

Dude - I had no idea about this when I called you earlier while I was at Home Depot! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You got my number.

Sorry about your dad Bassboy, I wish him a speedy recovery and hope everything heals up properly with no long-lasting issues.....

Oh, I forgot to mention, he was also pissed because it broke his track record of never having been into surgery. Couple morphine with somebody who is stubborner than a mule, and this is what you get.

Thanks Russ. I think we have everything under control. Today was the last full day of school. Tomorrow and Friday I have to go from 8:00 to 9:30 of Final Exams, as opposed to the full day, and the 2 youngest siblings are going to be going home with friends tomorrow and Friday as well.

The Pitt probably s,elled your dogs on his clothes or something. THey are very aggressive towards other dogs. Not usually so towards people.

Wow! sorry to hear that, I pray for a speedy recover also for him.

Just last month or so a fella from my work had his son get attacked by his own dog(pit bull), he came into his house after getting into a fight with his next door nieghbor and I guess he got the dog all fired up, the dog chomped down on his arm and did not let go, his girlfriend beat the dog with a baseball bat untill she finnaly called 911 cause the dog would not let go, the cops shot it, it was over a half hour that this dog was clamped on this dudes arm :roll:

Sorry to hear about your dad dude. I pray for a speedy recovery! From the sounds of it, the doctor's do too. Your dad is like my grandfather all balls and no time to be "sick/injured". They are the type that could take a gunshot and say "Hey get me some duct tape and a rag, I've got to get back to work!" All kidding aside- I hope your dad gets well soon.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope everything works out with your dad and he makes a full recovery. Never was a big fan of Pit Bulls and who brings their dog to the mechanic?

**** BassBoy - Do not hesitate to post if you need anything at all - or anything for your family.

You Dad sounds like one tough son of a gun

My Prayers that he has a speedy recovery

Sorry to hear about your pops bassboy, I hope he heals well and soon. I'd be more than a little pissed at the owner of that dog. If you're gonna have a dog like that, ya need to treat it like a loaded gun and take the necessary precautions to keep it from harming someone.

angry Bob said:
I'd be more than a little pissed at the owner of that dog. If you're gonna have a dog like that, ya need to treat it like a loaded gun and take the necessary precautions to keep it from harming someone.

Well said AB!

Some people should never own a dog - and I never woudl blame teh animal, teh owner's job is to make certain this stuff never happens.

Shame we cannot just shoot the owners

and had to hound mom that the brakes were only about 2 days old, so go easy on them, and that the tires are almost worn out, so be careful, along with all the other trivial things that he constantly hounds everybody about. Apparently his intellect is much higher than anybody else on this earth, or at least it has always been that way in his mind.

Sounds like a mechanic :mrgreen:

i hate pits, personally. i dont think there good for anything but fighting, and i dont care to watch dogs fight. if nobody shot that dog rite where it stood and left a nice bloodbath in the owners car, thats a shame. i hope yall sue there ***

anyhoo, my brothers dog just got jumped by 2 pits in his yard. its only a little mut, but it held up. and yet, my brother is the one that had to go to jail and explain why he had the rite to bash the pits in the head with the but of an airgun. and they took his dog to the pound.....

hope your dad gets well quickly, and gets that motor in! =D>

Loggerhead Mike said:
and had to hound mom that the brakes were only about 2 days old, so go easy on them, and that the tires are almost worn out, so be careful, along with all the other trivial things that he constantly hounds everybody about. Apparently his intellect is much higher than anybody else on this earth, or at least it has always been that way in his mind.

Sounds like a mechanic :mrgreen:

i hate pits, personally. i dont think there good for anything but fighting, and i dont care to watch dogs fight. if nobody shot that dog rite where it stood and left a nice bloodbath in the owners car, thats a shame. i hope yall sue there ***

anyhoo, my brothers dog just got jumped by 2 pits in his yard. its only a little mut, but it held up. and yet, my brother is the one that had to go to jail and explain why he had the rite to bash the pits in the head with the but of an airgun. and they took his dog to the pound.....

I am with you. Once a dog tries to kill someone it should be dead on the spot. Our world is so whacked out that a person cannot even defend himself, his family, or his property anymore. I am praying for your Dad bassboy. Keep us updated on how he is doing! Personally I might go aftert the owner of the dog in a lawsuit at least to cover the medical costs. If we can't shoot them (the owners) at least hopeflly teach them a lesson about responsibility.

Latest posts