My new Jig tying set-up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
Its been extremely cold, so I went and got one of these little organizers for bolts and screws and got my jig tying stuff all straightened out. In hindsight, I will probably need to buy another, because I only have 2 small drawers left open. Also, notice my hanging racks above the drawers.

I am getting the small oven set up after the holidays to powder paint the jigs, as the vinyl stuff smells terrible and I can't get them to look good. Also, My dad is going to make me a vertical rack for the spools of thread.

Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 292
I'm having trouble with the chenile bodies on some heads. Also, I am quickly learning what brands/thickness of threads to avoid. I am going to use up the barbed heads I have, and then probably start ordering collarless and barbless heads as I like them better. The only problem is that I do, in fact, have to order them.

Nice job - a well organized work area really helps. I organized mine a few months ago but it is trashed again. Unfortunately, my bait making station is at the front of the garage - so whenever I do anything a piece of something that "I will put away later" ends up on the work bench.

What parts of the Tarantula do you use for jig makin? Seems like the hair on her would be too short to tie.

Captain Ahab said:
Nice job - a well organized work area really helps. I organized mine a few months ago but it is trashed again. Unfortunately, my bait making station is at the front of the garage - so whenever I do anything a piece of something that "I will put away later" ends up on the work bench.

I am the most anal retentive person for putting things in their place at work and in my car and to a certain extent in my boat as well. When it comes to the work bench in my shed... it is a disaster area. It was fairly cluttered but I could find everything I wanted straight away. Yesterday I was looking for a box of staples, took one look at the work bench and went to Ace Hardware and bought another box. Guess what I did with the box after I got done with it? Yup, tossed it on the bench. It's too cold to go clean it off and when it warms up I want to go fishing. Maybe the shed will burn down...

ShadowWalker said:
I'm having trouble with the chenile bodies on some heads. Also, I am quickly learning what brands/thickness of threads to avoid. I am going to use up the barbed heads I have, and then probably start ordering collarless and barbless heads as I like them better. The only problem is that I do, in fact, have to order them.

You can use a pair of wire cutters and trim the collar and barb off from the jig, It is easier to tie on then.

looks organized! Nice!

What's the problem with Chenille? Strip the 1st 1/8" and tie that in, if it's unwinding as you tie it on figure out which way it tightens up and spin it before you wind it on.

ShadowWalker said:
I am going to use up the barbed heads I have, and then probably start ordering collarless and barbless heads as I like them better. The only problem is that I do, in fact, have to order them.

Drop me a line when you get ready to order new heads. I will put you in touch with someone that an hook you up, no pun intended. He is a great guy and prices are good to boot!

Great. I've been googling like crazy for decent prices. It won't be until after the holidays, but I will let you know when I'm ready for them.

Latest posts