Magazine Collect

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BensalemAngler

Reaction score
Just curious, I had a Christmas party this weekend and had to clean the house. Next to my spot on the couch was my collection of Bassmaster, FLW, Field and Stream, and Outdoor Life from the past year. My wife thinks I should throw them all out I do too sort of but cannot bring myself too do it. So I moved them to the pile in my bathroom which is from the last 5 years.

Does anyone else not throw away magazine too, or is it just me.

I had 5 years of the NJ Angler piled everywhere - despite that I read them so often I think I have the **** things memorized.

I tossed a bunch earlier this fall - but it was really hard to do :roll:

I have a habit of keeping all the magazines I buy for many, many years. Some of it is because I hate to spend that much money on something, read it once or twice and throw it away. Some of it, I justify by referring back to them periodically. The good thing is I don't subscribe to any magazines and only periodically buy them in a store, so my "stack" is probably really only 20 magazines.

flounderhead59 said:
I have a habit of keeping all the magazines I buy for many, many years. Some of it is because I hate to spend that much money on something, read it once or twice and throw it away. Some of it, I justify by referring back to them periodically. The good thing is I don't subscribe to any magazines and only periodically buy them in a store, so my "stack" is probably really only 20 magazines.

I will apologize ahead of time - Sorry Flounder

My agents compiled a list of the Magazines Flounderhead buys and keeps:

Children's Web Magazine

Educational website for kids of 8 years and upwards. Covers different subjects each month.

CyberKids
Online kids magazine with stories, artwork, puzzles, and more, created mostly by other kids.

KIND News

Classroom newspaper for children in grades K through 6. Includes facts about animals, tricky brainteasers, KIND Club Projects, and inspirational celebrity profiles.

Weekly Reader
Educational magazine for children in the elementary grades. Features news articles, trivia, and games.

Wild Animal Baby

Magazine for young children with wonderful animal photos, rhymes and game, picture stories and fun activities prompt toddlers to learn basic concepts and first facts.

Wilderness Kids Club

Outdoor activity magazine for kids of all ages. Ideas, nature studies, wildlife observation, and real scientists to talk to.

YES
Canadian science magazine for kids. Features projects to do, kids in science and how things work.

I do think it is both the money aspect and the fact I still have the pipe of fishing professionally and I think I would need the magazines for information on lakes, he he. What I dreamer I am sometimes.

Captain Ahab said:
flounderhead59 said:

I will apologize ahead of time - Sorry Flounder

My agents compiled a list of the Magazines Flounderhead buys and keeps:

Children's Web Magazine

Educational website for kids of 8 years and upwards. Covers different subjects each month.

CyberKids
Online kids magazine with stories, artwork, puzzles, and more, created mostly by other kids.

KIND News

Classroom newspaper for children in grades K through 6. Includes facts about animals, tricky brainteasers, KIND Club Projects, and inspirational celebrity profiles.

Weekly Reader
Educational magazine for children in the elementary grades. Features news articles, trivia, and games.

Wild Animal Baby

Magazine for young children with wonderful animal photos, rhymes and game, picture stories and fun activities prompt toddlers to learn basic concepts and first facts.

Wilderness Kids Club

Outdoor activity magazine for kids of all ages. Ideas, nature studies, wildlife observation, and real scientists to talk to.

YES
Canadian science magazine for kids. Features projects to do, kids in science and how things work.

If you are going to go fish for a certain species you've never fished for, you do research. By the same token, if you have to deal with children (or adults that are childish), you have to do research as well. Consider those my research materials.

Ive got a buddy that will clip out articles he finds interesting and puts them in a photo type album. He has backpacking articles from the '80s. I had 2 boxs full of Hot Rod mags from the 60s. Got tired of moving them from place to place over the years and tossed most of them.

I keep catalogs till the new one comes out and magazines for a couple months. I keep gear guides till new one comes out.

I don't throw any of them away.. I set up a filing system for use with seasons spring, summer, fall and winter. I have about 5 of the cardboard box containers full of Bassin', BassMaster, FLW, etc..

I also have some binders with page holders (plastic holders that you slide the paper into from the top). I also use this for my Handyman magazines and cut out the articles and then tab them with sticky notes or file tabs.

I have about 10 years worth of stuff condensed into all of this and I can get to it all fairly easily.

I can't bring myself to throwing them away either! Same problem with Victoria Secret magazines. My wife asks me why and the sad thing is i can't find a reason other than I might reread them. I think they'd be good to help level a wobbling chair or something like that.

Obviously the Vic. Secret! I found the trick is to tell her your looking at something for her. When she asks you why she hasn't gotten her gift yet tell her they were out of her size.

I take my Mags every 6 months to the Docs office. I get one mag that has a featured local lake in it with suggestions on how to fish it in spring, summer, fall, and winter, this I cut out each month and have accumilated a pretty good size port-folio. In this file I have a picture of a bass that could have easily broken the States record, for some reason the guy who caught it didnt persue it. I called the place that weighed it and was told it was 11lb 2 oz. I started asking questions and the person I was talking to suddenly go amnesia.

Ugh...I am awful with keeping magazines. I have fishing, hunting, gun, guitar, and car mags from atleast 10 years ago. I have to throw them out, but I will be keeping a few hundred :D

I have SalmonTroutSteelhead Mag back to early 80's and yes I do reread them for the season, Bass & Walleye boat and some others. Two times a year I go through and cull.
WFFF

Latest posts