FORUM RULES - PLEASE READ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Link to the forum rules: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1954

I ask that anyone advertising a business that is not a paying advertiser/sponsor to please remove it from your signature. If you have any questions please PM me.

Jim,do I need to remove the SC state travel site from my sig?It's not something I do for profit.I just like to promote my state like a sports fan promotes their team.

I think he was more in line talking about sites like I had of Tiffany's jewelry at the end of my signature.. I didn't even think about it when I did it (sorry Jim). I would put her up as a sponsor, but I don't know what that would have to do with anything for fishing - unless it was like me and use it to buy stuff for her so I could fish more.. jewelry for the wife so I can fish, hmmm... but, if you want another sponsor just let me know - I gotta get a birthday present for her which is 3 days after Christmas

ben2go said:
I didn't think Tiffany's site would be a big deal because it doesn't deal with fishing. :-k

well it was more or less "free" advertisement on tinboats. Jim has to pay for upkeep of servers, hosting, etc and that is what sponsors are for - they advertise their products on this site (all of which deal with either fishing or boating) and pay Jim a little $$ so that people like you and me will visit their site and buy their product.

I only posted Tiffany's website because I do all of my shopping online and I suck at picking out jewelry.. She on the other hand is a female and knows what women want. I've seen what she can do and I sort of "sponsored" her jewelry on here so you guys could pick out nice jewelry fairly cheap in price for the women in your house without leaving the computer -- all at Jim's expense since I didn't pay him to post.

Speaking from experience on other web forums, links like the one for Tiffany's jewelry have the potential for conflicts with paying sponsors.

Say BlueWater's wife also begins to sell jewelry or Tiffany comes up with the newest trend in women's accessories... LED jewelry. You have a potential conflict between a paying sponsor and a regular member.

It has been my personal experience that only paying sponsors should be allowed to advertise to cut down the management and research headaches and keep the conflicts to a minimum. Some sites allow moderators to have free advertising as a sort of payment for time spent monitoring the forums.

Hi,
So we are clear, this was not just geared to Russ. So Russ, no need to apologize. :beer:

If ANY of you guys have any issues,complaints, or ideas, feel free to PM me. :D

I know for a fact my daughter is going to love the Angel earrings I got her. :D

Jim said:

Off topic, but how old is your daughter, Jim?

My wife has some phobia about getting my little girl's ears pierced. I think she wants to make her wait until she is a teenager like her father made her.

Quackrstackr said:
Jim said:

My wife has some phobia about getting my little girl's ears pierced. I think she wants to make her wait until she is a teenager like her father made her.

My wife got our duaghters done without my permission when she was 7, she did fine for almost a year, then one day(it seemed) her ears got infected around the piercings. it seemed while she slept that the earings backing squeezed the earings tighter. They were inbedded in her ear lobe, and it was almost doctor visit time cause they were heck digging out. she survived with no tissue scarring but she has no plans for earings for along time. It just didn't work for her.

My step gurls got theirs done when they were 2.I don't quite think I would have had it done that young.7 sounds good.Silver has an antibacterial quality to it,but most people use 22k gold or surgical steel to keep down infection.

surgical steel or nickel free is what you want... atleast that's what I spent and arm and a leg on the other day at some store she drug me in to.. If you buy any earrings make sure they say hypo-allergenic and you should be fine. I read in that store that if an infection occurs with those earrings that it's a rare case.

Quackrstackr said:
Jim said:

My daughter is 5 years old going on 20. :LOL2:

She got her ears pearced at 9 months old.

Jim said:
Quackrstackr said:
Jim said:

My daughter is 5 years old going on 20. :LOL2:

She got her ears pearced at 9 months old.

:lol: My daughter is 5 as well and going on 20... in her pre-k class they all made things about what they wanted to be when they grow up... most kids picked great things like doctor, lawyer, etc.... my daughter Super Model... I have my work cut out for me. That said I took her to get her ears pierced when she was about 1.

alumacraftjoe said:
:lol: My daughter is 5 as well and going on 20... in her pre-k class they all made things about what they wanted to be when they grow up... most kids picked great things like lawyer,

I like the way you think!

Latest posts