More snow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I don't mind the snow, really, I don't. I like how everything looks covered with it. What I don't care for is (in no particular order):

1. If it's gonna snow, lets get it over with. None of this 4 inches today and then 5 more the next day after you get everything cleared. (yeah, it's snowing again after I spent 2 hours clearing the 4 inches yesterday).

2. Snowplow drivers - Do they actually try to fill the end of your driveway with packed chunks of snow and ice as soon as you clear it?

3. If there are 2 lanes, use 1 of them, don't straddle the line and put your right tire in the left tire groove of th eright lane and left tire in the right tire groove of the other lane.

4. People that stop in the middle of an intersection for fear of not getting through on this green light. Same thing goes for the people that block side street access when stoppeed for the red light a block away. (This actually applies year round)

5. Numbnuts that think that because they have 4 wheel drive, they can drive really fast. Hello, does that 4x4 stop any faster on ice than my 2-wheel drive? Didn't think so. Love seeing a 4x4 pickup in the ditch (I honk as I go by).

There are more I'm sure, but just typing this has calmed me a bit. Thanks for letting me vent.

I wish those plows would just bring it all down here... we had a little dusting earlier this month, but nothing stuck. We usually get ice storms in the first quarter of the year.. that is a headache here in Atlanta, hell even rain sprinking makes people go berzerk.

russ010 said:
hell even rain sprinking makes people go berzerk.

I'm sure you guys get alot of the same characters we do. First snowflake to hit the ground, you'd think the world was coming to an end. People start hitting the grocery stores like madmen. You'd think that 1/4" of snow was gonna keep them homebound for 6 months. :lol:

I actually dislike the snow nowadays. Liked it as a kid, but I didn't have to drive to work in it. FH you're right about the 4WD vehicle owners. A lot of them seem to think theyre impervious to wrecks and drive like maniacs, endangering everyone else trying to get somewhere.

It's rained here all day yesterday, all night, and still raining! Looks like it's gonna be a wet Christmas!

Bubba said:
russ010 said:

I'm sure you guys get alot of the same characters we do. First snowflake to hit the ground, you'd think the world was coming to an end. People start hitting the grocery stores like madmen. You'd think that 1/4" of snow was gonna keep them homebound for 6 months. :lol:

just with the mentioning of snow, Atlanta completely shuts down. All businesses close.

I would rather have snow than rain or ice. We had some frozen rain last night I passed 6 cars off the road one of them on it's roof

It took me 2 hours to go 3 miles trying to get around all the road closures
My ford 350 extra heavy duty was sideways 3 times not fun at all

still had the alpha hotels passing me at 45 like it was a clear warm day

Bubba said:
russ010 said:

Heck Bubba, down where you are, 2" of snow really does keep you in for a couple weeks :lol: :lol:

FishingCop said:
Bubba said:
russ010 said:

Heck Bubba, down where you are, 2" of snow really does keep you in for a couple weeks :lol: :lol:

It actually can depending on the conditions. Usually the main roads(when I say main roads....I mean maybe 6-7 roads) are fine, but there are tons of backroads and gravel roads which don't get salted or plowed or anything.

redbug said:
I would rather have snow than rain or ice. We had some frozen rain last night I passed 6 cars off the road one of them on it's roof

It took me 2 hours to go 3 miles trying to get around all the road closures
My ford 350 extra heavy duty was sideways 3 times not fun at all

still had the alpha hotels passing me at 45 like it was a clear warm day

Its funny how you mentioned cars sliding off the road. I passed 3 cars today of in the ditch. 1, was a truck on its roof. The ice was bad this morning.

Personally I don't like seeing them on their roof. Somebody could get hurt or worse. Plus the cost of repairs... Naw, just seeing them stuck because of their stupidity is enough to brighten my day.

Latest posts