Who's dedicated???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
4:45 here in Chicago on Christmas Eve. Just checking who's on lline at TinBoats. Here's what I found:

Registered users: Captain Ahab, FishingCop,

Dedicated, addicted or just got nothing else going on Christmas Eve???? :roll:

At this point, board out of my mind. Can't go fishing for numerous reasons, such as, but not limited to not having a functional trolling battery. Can't work on anything. Ran out of projects I have material for, and ran out of money to buy parts or raw material for other outboard repairs and projects. Don't have a bow that fits me right now, so I can't go out and shoot a few dozen arrows. About tired of splitting firewood at this point, although I do enjoy it. Been watching episodes of Bill Dance from that link Zum posted the other day.

Checking in! We have a houseful with 2 of the daughters & 4 grandkids running around. Feeding 'em supper and then sending them home, whereas they'll all be back in the morning for a big breakfast and opening presents. Time for an adult beverage now, lol !
crazy_face.gif

Been on and off all day. Did some chores around the house, went and bought some grubbage supplies for dinner, installed some indoor window film to cut down on the drafts. Nothing on TV (except It's a Wonderful Life)

I went straight from work to my grandparents from my dads side. Stopping at 711 to get a drink then it's gonna be home. I'm beat from the last minute shoppers. Tomorrow my moms side is coming over, then I gotta go to the girlfriends tomorrow night.

I'm checking in just got in from my brother's for our family thing. Waiting for the kids to get good and asleep before I bring in the big gifts from the shop.

at 4:45 I would have still been on if I was at work, but I was on my way to the parents by that time. I finally got here at 8pm - a 6 hour drive that for some reason, was very easy. There was NO traffic on the highways. The only places that were open after 6pm were Walgreens and McDonalds - and both of them were packed with people.

i worked until 1am this morning and have to go back in at 5pm tonight I hate this shift but the pay isn't bad
merry christmas to all

Is that your normal shift? I werk 12 hour shifts (6-6) on 2, off 2 and alternating weekends. Every 2 weeks we switch from day to night or night to day shift. Pay is good but sure messes with the sleep schedule.

flounderhead59 said:
Is that your normal shift? I werk 12 hour shifts (6-6) on 2, off 2 and alternating weekends. Every 2 weeks we switch from day to night or night to day shift. Pay is good but sure messes with the sleep schedule.
No i work shift work. I was day shift last sat,sun then Mon through Fri 5pm until 1am off this weekend I was forced to stay Tues night due to the ice storm and worked until 7am out in the freezing rain like I said the money is good OT is better and the 2.5x pay rocks
you are right about the sleep issues I wake up at 6am no matter what time i go to bed

2.5x does rock, but the best I get is double time and only on Holidays I work. We get 8 hours of pay for Holidays not worked like yesterday and today. 1.5x only on anything over 40 for the week.

Cap't Ahab. Having a newborn in the house will do that to you.

You need to be a genesis to figure out my pay scale....
first 8 per day is straight time 1.5x after that
first day off per week is 1.5x second day off is double time
Sundays are 1.25x first 8and 1 7/8 after that
we get paid 8 for the holiday minimum if we work we get the min plus 1.5 first 8 then 2x after that.
looks simple huh???
Now The 8 hours before my shift are my rest period so if i get called in early I get 1.5x for those hours then straight until i have 8 hours total for the day and then its 1.5 again
IE: scheduled 3 til 11pm called in at noon so from noon until 3 i get 1.5x from 3 til 8 i get straight time then from 8 til 11 its 1.5 again

we also can get a sleeper (THE BEST DEAL EVER) scheduled 7am until 3pm. I get called in at 11pm the night before and work through the night those 8 hours are 1.5x 7am comes around I get to go home and sleep at straight time.
I also get minimum pay call outs easy money we are guaranteed 4 hours pay:if they call me and offer me a job I say yes i get dressed get in my truck and they tell me never mind that's 4 hours pay :p and if i stay and work more than 2.5 hours i get the OT pay and am entitled to rest period

that's the basics...
oh if i work 2 hours ot i get a $9 meal ticket then one every 5 hours after that.
If i get called in on my second day off and work 16hours that's like hitting the the lottery in the 20 yearsif been working for the power co. my biggest 2 week was over 10k before taxes

those big checks are few and far between Thank god when the need to wok those hours comes you can be sure the chit has hit the fan...

Ice storms are the worst followed by the hurricanes. I do both gas and electric emergency work so my dept gets hammered in all types of weather

MONSTER .COM we have a bunch of guys retireing over the next few years

Latest posts