Toy Rant

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What is it with these toys with all the plastic tie wraps around all the pieces? Do people actually sit there and tie down the little toys with these wraps. Is there a job doing this? It takes like 10-15 minutes to get all the toys out of one box. What is the purpose of this besides to drive me nuts?

Jim said:
What is it with these toys with all the plastic tie wraps around all the pieces? Do people actually sit there and tie down the little toys with these wraps. Is there a job doing this? It takes like 10-15 minutes to get all the toys out of one box. What is the purpose of this besides to drive me nuts?

No purpose, you hit it right - to drive you nuts.... :lol:

Jim said:

Concur on the dang plastic and wire-reinforced tie-wraps! Makes me crazy also, and I had to un-twist some this morning on the grandkids toys. The only reason I can think is to help prevent theft (harder to hide a boxed item than just the item itself). I'm bettin' there are a bunch of people in some foreign country dedicated to wrapping those dang things around items.

Yeap...Thank the shoplifters and unsupervised kids that rip the toys out of the boxes to play with them in the store.

I usually keep a pocket knife and wire snips handy when the kids are opening presents. Some of those toys have lots of those wire ties.

Dykes (wire cutters) and tin snips (for that plastic that is impervious to scissors and pocketknives) is brought from the shop Christmas morning here. Only way to get into some of those goofy little things.

I'm such an idiot! :LOL2:

Never thought about using tinsnips and scissors.

I must of spent an hour today getting those things out!

I wonder how much it costs the companies for that whole setup between machines, parts, labor.....

Jim said:

Never thought about using tinsnips and scissors...

And just how did you attack the plastic tie wraps if not with snips or scissors? You didn't try to just break them or chew threw them did you?

Now-a-days you have to have to be like a surgeon to open these toys, pliers, tin snips, hack saw and for those stubbern ones a 10 lb sledge.

I dont think the companys pay people to do this, they have Rant-osouruses, which are disgruntled employees.

flounderhead59 said:
Jim said:

Never thought about using tinsnips and scissors...

And just how did you attack the plastic tie wraps if not with snips or scissors? You didn't try to just break them or chew threw them did you?

Walther-NightHawk-air-pistol.jpg

flounderhead59 said:
You don't work or sleep do you? You just keep surfing the internet to find these pictures don't you?

Captain Ahab is actually 5 different people and we take shifts to make sure certain that TinBoats has coverage at all times.

Now, we cannot make next months schedule becuase we lost our Sharpie pen! HELP

I remember the midnight Christmas Eve toy untying. Just as bad as building the barbie crap. Enjoy it fellows! Mine got a cell phone and an attitude for Christmas. They grow up to quick.

After the last few years unwrapping all those things we just go for the scissors. Although i just let my two little ones do one themselves a few minutes ago. They were rather unconventional with a lot of pulling and tugging.... however in about 10 minutes they got all the things out and had fun doing it. :mrgreen: Had to unwrap a couple they broke of, but much better then doing it all myself.

It wouldn't be the holidays without all of those plastic ties and the cursing that goes along with them... [-X :D

I always carry a pocket knife and a wire snips at christmas. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old so there are plenty of wires to cut. The new one this year was on my nephew's toy big rig. It was actually screwed to the packaging. Nobody had a screwdriver so the wire snips was substituted. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Sounds weird, but I don't mind taking the toys out of the packages. I agree that the amount of wire ties are absolutely ridiculous, but since I was a young kid I have been labeled the toy remover. Also the toy assembler, setup person, etc. It has always been satisfying to me, don't ask me why, I guess it is like unwrapping even more presents :?

Latest posts