Storm moven in, how ya doing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Its comen, should hit me with in two hours or less :?

Strongest part seems to be comen my way #-o

if anyone how'd ya hold out on it?

I guess its a good ol'classic Thunder storm, around me winds from 35 to 55mph. Look at it on the https://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/map/interactive/47601?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar page. Just a wierd time for it around here :shock:

CLICK over the map and scroll to widen it

Tornado Watch. We're currently under a high-wind/thunderstorm advisory and have been since early this morning. Our high-wind advisory is scheduled until 9pm tonight, but always lasts longer.

FB keep your news/weather channel on !

Waterwings said:
Tornado Watch. We're currently under a high-wind/thunderstorm advisory and have been since early this morning. Our high-wind advisory is scheduled until 9pm tonight, but always lasts longer.

I hear ya, looks like a big Punch first [-o<

FishingBuds said:
Waterwings said:

I hear ya, looks like a big Punch first [-o<

The wind has been rattlin' my wooden house all day. Our house has a real steep roof (12-12 pitch), so it "catches" a lot of wind. Just waiting for the storm sirens to start sounding.

Jim said:
Good luck guys! Keep us posted so we know you guys are ok. [-o<

Storm is moving NE at the moment along the Ill / IN border, but the entire Tri-State area (includes me and FB) are still gettin' the heavy winds. It always seems to occur at night, which makes me crazy because I can't see anything coming, lol. I'm gonna fix myself a drink ! 8)

This one doesn't seem to be packing the kind of punch that I figured it would given that it's been in the mid 70's here today. The wind has been up all day long but the worst part of the storm just passed over me.

This one was tame.

well its about past me, alot of wind and rain for 5 minutes then it chilled out, go figure I'm glad but it was kinda winny WW, hopefully it chills out for ya too

Just turned the computer back on (I usually shut it down during storms). Lots of wind with driving rain when it hit. Heard something hit the back deck, looked out the back door and saw a couple of shingles laying there. Waited for things to subside and went outside with a flashlight to scope out the roof. All the shingles on the back were still intact. :-k . Went around front and discovered there are about 4 shingles missing about 4' down from the peak. Come daylight tomorrow I'll see if I can find the missing ones in the yard. This roof (felt paper and shingles are only about 2 yrs old, so it kinda ticks me off that they're not holding as well as I expect them to. Monday I'll call the fella who did the roof and he'll come fix it under warranty. Thank goodness I have 3 bundles left from the roofing job. Other than the shingles coming loose, everything else seems okay at the moment. I disike storms much as the next guy, but especially hate them at night.

Okay, went out and accesssed the damage. Nothing major, just some shingles gone. I found 2 more in the side yard this morning, and I retrieved the 2 from the back deck last night. It appears that there are more than 4 misssing, but can't locate the others :shock: . Contacted the roofer this morning and he'll be out tomorrow to fix things. Also took a couple of pics for insurance purposes, just in case I need them down the road at sometime. The roofing contractor gave me a lifetime warranty on his work, and this is the 3rd time I've called him to correct things (twice for shingles that have come off in storms).

Missing near peak above right dormer:
normal_Missing_shingles_from_storm_12-27-08.JPG

Closeup:
normal_Shingle_damage_from_storm_12-27-08.JPG

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the shingles.My mother recently had the same thing happen a couple times so now she is replacing the entire roof.Her roof is a 30 year and it's only 15 years old.

That does suck WW when it seems that a problem won't go away. So he has been coming out each time to fix it? Thats rare but cool if he's promt.

As you might remember back in Sept, I as well had the similiar roof problem, I ended up wrestling with the insurance company for 2 1/2 months on that, by thw way Nice house :D

Yep, he comes out when I call him, which is just 3 times including this call. I got a lifetime warranty on his work (as long as he's alive, lol), and he's a local roofer, so word of mouth plays a big part in his business.

Thanks. The house was built in '87 (we bought it in summer of '96) and needs quite a bit of outside work (that's why no close-up pics, lol).

I've been out duck hunting all day and then having a "date night" with the wife tonight. I'm going to have to get out in the morning and inspect the roof.

These last two storms have started up a leak around a window in my back door. Looks like I will get to attempt to seal that up this week. I knew I was forgetting something at Wal Mart today, silicone. #-o

Latest posts