Help Tinheads

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angry Bob

Reaction score
Before putting my boat into storage this year I noticed some small holes in the boat cover, we're talkin maybe a 1/4" in diameter or less. I was thinking of trying some mighty mend it and some kind of patch. I don't know if the mighty mend it actually works, and I've never gone for any infomercial products. So I was wondering if ya'll think that would work, or if there is something else someone has tried, and had success with. Thanks gang.

Are these worn through holes, eaten through holes or cuts/tears? I had a small tear in my cover and I put super glue on the edges to keep the thread from pulling through the edge of the fabric and then sewed it and then put more super glue on the whole thing. Worked great for me. I did find out that Mighty Mendit is fabulous though. Just have to sit through some other stuff to get to the real deal part of the review.

https://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=7485472&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.7.1

I tend to think these are eaten through holes possibly from wasps that get trapped underneath. Thanks for the mend it review.

I wonder if an iron-on patch you could pickup at Walmart in the fabric section would work (on small holes/tears, then seal the edges with some Seam Seal (from the camping dept)? Just a thought :)

slim357 said:
I wouldnt trust billy mays

I normally turn the other way when it comes to a Billy Mays promoted product. The only one we use is Oxy-Clean. That is why I was surprised that it was considered a good deal by that TV news show review. The guy said fabulous

Latest posts