Different for the new year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Since the new year is fast approaching, what will everyone be changing, giving up, changing up, or just whatever?

Unfortunately, I promised the wife I would give up somking. So it looks like I'll be steaming them tonight.

I definately want to spend less time working and more time fishing with my family. Maybe try and exercise and loose a few pounds also [-o<

Got the smoking thing stopped a few years ago. I said I would stop dipping snuff by the time my son was born, but that didn't happen. Maybe this year [-o<

Going for the weight this year. Ive kicked the tobacco this summer. I stopped smoking 3 packs/ day, 6-7 years ago but started to dip. I had a scare with some jaw pain this summer, convinced myself it was cancer or something and scared the **** out of myself. My wives cousin had part of his jaw cut out and has been bad off with an infection. He is doing a lot better after the most recent bone graph. I tossed a half can never touched it again. Its hard to quit, I crave every day; but you guys can do it too. I chew on life savers all day.

like most of you guys I need to drop some pounds, I'm about 215 and would like to get down to 190. Fishing is going to be different this year as I'm not renewing my fishing club membership so I won't be fishing tournaments, it takes me too far from home for too long at this point in my daughters life so I need to switch up my hobbies a bit. Luckily I'm never short of addictive activities and my newest addiction is tennis, it keeps me close and it a great workout.

Good luck to you guys quitting smoking, I smoked for about 20 years and what worked for me was to slowly phase it out of my routine. How hard can it be NOT to do something! :)

Have tried to quit smoking a number of times over the past few years. Always fall off the wagon. What has helped to cut down considerably is that we no longer smoke in the house. It's cold as all get out in the garage, but we go out there. Nothing new planned for the new year.

I'm going to do the things I say I'm going to do. Not in the sense that I tell people I'll do something and never come through. I'm good about that. But for example I said I was going to go camping last year and never did. That sort of thing.

Don't know what I am going to accomp. this year. FISH MORE SOUNDS GOOD.
Already quit smoking, not over weight, not an alkeeee, maybe I'll try to stop swearing, thats constructive, doon't have to watch what and where I say somthing. MORE FISHEN SOUNDS BETTER. :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK ALL, WITH WHAT EVER YOU TRY (DO) :D

Man I pray for all of ya thats trying to quit tabacco, thats a very hard one :x but you gotta do it for yourself and family, My dad quit on the day he went in and started chemo-therapy for throat cancer and he smoked over 40 years, its been three years now and he hasn't touched one still. and God gave him a second chance, cancer free!

Maybe you guys are to start a stop smoking post for help and incouragement :D

NOw about me, I want to do more with the family, start up another hobby with my son :D He's my best friend 8)

FishingBuds said:
NOw about me, I want to do more with the family, start up another hobby with my son :D He's my best friend 8)

I'm right there with you FB, My two boys are my two best buddies, and I plan to get them both out on the water with me as much as possible.

im gonna quit dippin cheap snuff and not leave the woods 09 deer season till i kill the buck ive been after since bow season 08