Anyone play the harmonica

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
I decided to tech myself this year. Picked up a hohner marine band and a book today. Hopefully I can get decent at it. I figure it's something I can take with me and play it in my car between classes and stuff. Anyone else play?

I have picked one up a few times. It's like fly fishing you need a different one for different applications. I suggest you do a little research like find out what key your harp is, and what key you can play with. After that I would download blues music that you can practice with. Instrumental may make this easier. You could also try youtube it's a great place to get educated on how to's.
GOOD LUCK

I picked up one in the key of C, because in my reading online, I found most instruction is done in C. You can also make it play in a few different keys if you have to. I got the "harmonica for dummies" book and it is pretty cut and dry. Also the harmonica has cloth camo tape on it already since my hands sweat a lot.

As for dale hollow, I won't know if I can make it or not until I register for classes fall semester. But if I get any good there will be videos for sure.

Good Choice, I have been playing harmonica since I was 12 (now 19) lol. But, that is the best key for beginners. Out of all the instruments I tried, harmonica was the easiest to learn and most fun! Good Luck :D

Latest posts