SWEET DEAL WE GOT TONIGHT!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2go

Reaction score
The missus and I went to get a replacement cell phone,because she dropped hers on a concrete floor and it shattered.We had twin LG VX8300 phones.I love this phone because it is reliable and takes pretty good pics for a celly.We only use our phones for calls,text,and the occasional pic.The good thing is, her employeer has a contract with Verizon and she gets a 19% discount on our bill,accessories are 25% off ,bundle packages are 50% off,plus we get a discount for keeping our bill payed up and payed on time.Sooooo,instead of replacing her phone and battery at a cost of $90(no discount on replacement phones,only new),we got a bundle package for $105.This is what we got, a G'zOne Boulder with military specs,case,extra battery,8GB SD micro memory card,car charger,docking charger,extra battery,and pig tail for using a headset or ear buds when listening to music.I'm sure that I am forgetting something.Anyway.To top things off we didn't pay anything for it when we got it.Because we pay our bill on time every month,they add it to our monthly bill.They reviewed our plan and got us a discount because our plan is an old one.This means that even with the monthly payment for the bundled phone package and our discounted service plan we are saving roughly $22 a month for the next year.After that, the phone package will be paid off and our bill will go down another $6 or $7.Now I'm thinking of getting the same deal since we share the same phone plan.I have 3 weeks to play with her phone and decide if I want to upgrade,before my contract has to be renewed.I rode out my old contract and canceled my service.Then I got add to hers 3 weeks after she got her contract.That's why there's a 3 week period between our contracts.We have the nation wide family plan with unlimited text and 700 shared minutes.Man we got a steal of a deal in my opinion.

These phones retail for $229.
Here's the one she got.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3889

Here's the one I'm looking at.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4330

I've got the orange G'Zone Boulder... it's my 3rd one in the last 5 months. They aren't as water resistant as they say they are - it didn't hold up in my cargo pocket during a rain storm. The speaker is not as clear as my LG VX8300, so I have to turn the volume up and down while I'm talking. Speaker phone pretty much sucks, it's raspy at best. Now all of these were on my first 2 Boulders.... my 3rd is better everywhere except for the speaker phone. Cell reception is still not up to par with the LGs, but it has held up pretty well to rain.

For future reference... if the outside screen shows the time, and when you open it there is no screen and taking out the battery is all you can do to reset it - take it back to Verizon and get a replacement. It only gets worse from there.

We shouldn't be in the wet with them.I have noticed that the speakers seem to be a little scratchy.So far no problems with reception but we live in an area with entirely to many cell towers.Traveling to some of the remote areas we go to may will test it's reception.I really like my VX8300.I may have to keep it.It's beat all to crap but still going strong.

verizon usually treats me good i got a 20% discount for being a city employee

i had the gz one (origional) for over a year and loved it was very durable, lasted a lot longer then any other phone i had.

Looked into the boulder but didnt like the reviews of it so instead i got the adventure wich is the updated way better razor. It has the push to talk like the boulder. The boulder (3 coworkers have) and they have eah gone thru 2 or more in the last 4 months. It sounds tinny or canny to me just my .02... tho the camera is tons better then the gzone

I had the G'Zone Boulder for all of one afternoon/evening. It died the first night I had it. I didn't even get to play with all of its toys. I took it back to get another phone and Verizon could not even retreive my stored phone numbers from it. They say it was built to military specs. I believe that, built by the lowest bidder. I wanted a tough phone because I am a mechanic and am kind of harsh on my cell phones. I had asked what they had in a tough phone and they showed me the Boulder. I have the "new every two" plan which I get a new phone every two years. I have an LG Chocolate3 now and like it a lot. The display screens are very bright. It has a 2.0 megapixels camera which takes some very detailed pictures.

I've had the boulder for about a week now and really like it. The camera kind of sucks, but i don't take to many cell phone photos. We'll see how it goes i guess.

natetrack said:
I've had the boulder for about a week now and really like it. The camera kind of sucks, but i don't take to many cell phone photos. We'll see how it goes i guess.

The camera on my Boulder works pretty well... Here is one from it taken this weekend. That's not blurriness in the background - that's thick fog

0104090852.jpg

When it comes time to replace our handsets, I'm gonna pay full price and buy them outright. That way I don't have to renew my 2 year contract and there will be no early termination fee to worry about.

I'm kind of put off by the boulder.It has so many useless,to me, features.The speaker is crap and it's not very clear.I find it rather clumsy to use.I will be looking at other options.Thanks to everyone for their feedback.It really helped.

Latest posts