Foiled again

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, I was headed out the door just awhile ago to do some fishing at city park. Stepped outside on the front porch to check the weather, and it looked pretty good. Overcast, slight breeze, and air temp at 56*. Went inside and got my wallet, truck keys, and a cup of coffee. Went to the garage to get my gear and the skies opened up with pouring rain and stronger winds. :shock: . May wait ahile and see if it clears any. Wasn't supposed to rain until later today. :roll:

I thought that stuff only happened to me :shock: It seems like everytime I go out to fish, its starts blowing like a hurricane! #-o

Well, just got back. The rain subsided and the wind dropped to a tolerable level, so I took off for the park. It was still 56* when I left the house, but by the time I got to the park 8 miles away it had dropped to 51. Rain was misting and the wind had picked up again. Nothing biting at the upper lake (didn't really expect anything to bite), so I went to the lower lake about 200 yds away. Same thing there. Spent about an hour there and headed home. Bt the time I left the temp had dropped to 47*. Oh well, at least I got outside for awhile. :) . I stopped at Lake Pee Wee (1.5 miles from the house) on the way home to check it out. Water was a lot choppier there so I stayed in the truck and took a video with my phone of the lake. I should have it up on Youtube shortly, with the link posted here.

Your lucky. Most of the lakes around here are iced over. I seen one of the local tourneys was cancelled today because of ice.

Its about 45 here now but its been in was in the teens overnight a few nights since New years eve. The night temps in the forecast are between 20 and 30 degrees so I guess the ice is gonna stay for a while.

mr.fish said:
u should have got out there anyway.

To fish or to take the video? lol . I've fished off that dock before in nasty weather and wasn't up to it today; just not real keen on the rain cold blowing in my face. Spring will be here soon enough and I'll launch the boat. :)

Waterwings said:
mr.fish said:
u should have got out there anyway.

To fish or to take the video? lol . I've fished off that dock before in nasty weather and wasn't up to it today; just not real keen on the rain cold blowing in my face. Spring will be here soon enough and I'll launch the boat. :)

WW - It is Mr. Fish who made the comment - Not Mr. Video

What do you really think he meant?

LOL

:?: Mr. Video :?:
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

When I got to the duck blind at 5:30 yesterday morning, it was 63* and I was sweating profusely.

When I left the duck blind at noon, it was 41* and I was just about hypothermic after picking up decoys bare handed.

I want to be a weather man. That's the only job that I know of where you can be 100% wrong 100% of the time and not only still have a job, but probably get a promotion. It was supposed to be 56* Sunday morning dropping to 51* at noon and the rain was supposed to be a brief shower about 7am. It rained on us for over 4 1/2 hours....

...It was supposed to be 56* Sunday morning dropping to 51* at noon and the rain was supposed to be a brief shower about 7am. It rained on us for over 4 1/2 hours....

Well, you know what they say about our part of the state: Give it an hour and it'll change to probably something more drastic. (or something to that effect, lol) :)

According to the current weather alert, there is Freezing Rain coming in tonight, with the weather alert in effect until tomorrow morning at 0600.

It was raining when I left work and by the time that I got home, it had frozen all over the Escape. It may get rough on the trees before this one is over.

Latest posts