How do you guys make those cool signature banners???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b8chsr

Reaction score
I see several people with some cool signature banners... How do you make them? I saw a thread a few days ago that explained it but can't seem to find it now.

I made mine with Photoshop... I think there is a program that you can use for free, which is what I think a lot of the guys here did.

I'm not that good with banners - it took me a couple of hours to do the one below

awesome banner Mike!

What's your AFSC? Mine used to be 2E1x1 (Satellite, Wideband and Telemetry Systems - SWATS), but since they shut down my unit I was transferred to a 2E1x2 (Airfield Systems) which is Air Traffic Control maintenance. Now I have to start all over again, not to mention that I'm eligible for E7, but since I'm double slotted I can't get promoted and probably won't unless I transfer into another career field. That is the only bad thing I can think of for the Air Guard - no slots = no promotion. But then again we get rank a lot easier than you active guys do. Thanks for serving!

baptistpreach said:
Here's an embarrasing Q, how do I add a signature??? I haven't found that place here yet!

Follow these clicks:

1 - click on User Control Panel in the top left portion of this page
2 - click on Profile
3 - click on Edit Signature

That should get you rolling

Thanks Russ - I'm a Aircraft Hydraulicsman by trade (2A6X5), right now I'm in a Flight Chief billet. Currently I work on the CV-22 Osprey... flies like an airplane lands/takes off like a helicopter. Pretty cool technology. I see your're in GA do you pull weekends at WR?

Anyway I tried for about 2 hrs on photoshop last night to get something worked up and another hr on GIMP, with nothing created.... :x I'll try again tonight.

I'm Guard, not active... but I'm originally from South Carolina, so when I moved to GA, I didn't transfer because my Dad is the State Command Cheif there and it's good having a little pull when it's needed. We have F-16s where I'm at.

Photoshop.

You'll probably need to host it somewhere like imageshack.us or photobucket.com and copy the code into your signature.

I think I figured it out...what do you think......? A few hours with photshop and the internet and you can do anything :mrgreen:

sounds like you did the same thing I did with Photoshop, get help from the experts who write the "for dummies" books - what you did looks pretty good!

Never tried one B4.
I think this photoshop could be neat,if you could figure all the stuff out.
Always had photoshop 7,just never use it,except for resizing for this forum.

Do you have to post them on imageshack or another outside source to get them here?
Can you take them directly from the gallery or computer?

I've got the full blown version of photoshop 7 as well... I've also got the Photoshop7 Bible that I have yet to get into... even though I've had it for about 4 years now.

I have copies of it still with registration keys. I wish I could email it or post it on a website for someone to download, but I can't do anything with it except send it out on a CD

Zum said:
Do you have to post them on imageshack or another outside source to get them here?
Can you take them directly from the gallery or computer?

I pull mine off of Photobucket - I don't want to use up all of the server space on Jim's website

Latest posts