Any COMCAST technicians around?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I got home from work to find my cable isn't working and found what look like new tags on the cable. On says "Inactive". Did someone shut me off? Comcast says no. Curious about these new cable tags though.

I don't work cable in the civilian world, but in the comm world of military we would put inactive tags on cables that were cut somewhere down the line, or when we had a distribution box go bad... now if it's a new line that has inactive on it, we would go ahead and hook it into an unused terminal and tag it inactive so we would know which cables to remove when we came back after switching distribution boxes or replacing the cut line.

Is it a new line or is it an existing line that is tagged?

So y'all have problems with Comcast too. We had Adelphia Cable, and high speed internet. They were a locally owned company. One of my neighbors started it a whole buncha years ago, with a loan from another neighbor, who was a very successful banker (for whatever reason, I live in a neighborhood with money. I guess we are the odd folks out). About 2 years ago, he sold out to Comcast, and it was nothing but trouble from the minute they got there. Internet is no longer reliable, TV signal sucks, telephone usually doesn't have a problem. The people who answer the phones don't know diddley, and their only answer is "we'll send a technician." Well, the technicians know what they are doing, but they cannot fix the problem, as the problem is not here, but somewhere between the box at the street, and wherever they broadcast from, which is out of the jurisdiction of the technicians. Can't get a lineman out here for anything.

that doesn't make any sense as to why they would label a line inactive... sounds like they disconnected you from the box.. Have you checked with your neighbors to see if they have service or not?

Did you notice any traps at the ends of your cable - well, unless you can get into your box you wouldn't know.

Do you have any channels at all? If you have 2 lines, it's likely they are analog and digital and may be shutting off the analog service. I don't know if you're on analog or digital service, but it almost sounds like they put a trap on your line.

flounderhead59 said:
Captain Ahab said:
Send Sharpie - get cable

Do you recall the word KARMA

I sent the sharpie. If you would go to work you would be able to get it.

I have heard that "I sent it line" to many times. Sharpie in hand and things get better

my hand that is!

Captain Ahab said:
flounderhead59 said:
Captain Ahab said:
Send Sharpie - get cable

Do you recall the word KARMA

I sent the sharpie. If you would go to work you would be able to get it.

I have heard that "I sent it line" to many times. Sharpie in hand and things get better

my hand that is!

Last I recall, I was supposed to send it back (cause I got it inadvertantly), but Flounder never sent me his address :p I've been using it ever since and I think it's running out of ink??

Oh yeah, I don't know anything about the cable problem - can't help there...

Seems that my bichin and moaning and letter writin had an effect. Comcast called my wife today and said that as it appears they may have accidentally disconnected my cable they would try to expedite maters and get someone out there today if someone was home. My wife pointed out the obvious that if they could disconnect it without anyone home, they certainly could reconnect it without any being there either. And yes, the bill is paid up to date.

Hey Skippy, get your sharpie yet?

Well I know what happened to the missing sharpie. Seems the address I used has changed and as I did not put a return address on it (to help contain the surprise) can not be returned to me and is most likely sitting in the dead letter section of the Allentown Post office. I wonder if you go to the PO and ask if they would be able to find it? It was a special Sharpie too.

FishingCop said:
MISSING - ONE (1) BLACK SHARPIE PEN - Reward!

hummm, how much is the reward?? :p

More wealth then a mortal being could ever use in a lifetime

Plus eternal bliss

and possibly a ShamWOW
18106400id2.jpg

Latest posts