SOG Powerlock Multitool

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angry Bob

Reaction score
I got one for xmas, and I'm very pleased with it. https://sogknives.com/store/S60.html

I was thinking of getting a Gerber, but when I opened one of these in the store, I had to have it. It opens so smooth, it's like a fine baitcasting reel. The tools are all high quality, and the blades are very sharp. The tools claim to fame is its compound leverage system that allows you to put more force on the pliers without as much effort. I have to say I'm a believer in that, or the wire cutter is so sharp you barely have to touch the object your cutting. The tool is a tad heavy, and it takes some time getting used to the covers that flip up over the blades, but overall I'm very pleased with the tool. It comes with a nice leather sheath as well. I was able to find one for $60 on-line

I had a SOG multitool once. Really liked it until one of the plier jaws broke. I still have it and was planning on writing them about it. Not sure it will do any good as I got it over 10 years ago.

The one thing that would still make me prefer my Gerber over that is the one handed opening as opposed to the butterfly style opening. Looks like a well built tool for sure, though.

Latest posts