Rod delivery

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I received my Kistler Rod a couple weeks ago from BassProShops and was disappointed the way it was shipped. It came in a Kistler Rod sleeve inside a Rod tube but the Rod tip had poked through the sleeve(down to the third eye) and was rattling around. I think it should have had some bubble rap around it.

Ive stopped ordering rods from there, mainly because I had 3 come broken/damaged from them last year, if only they would use thicker tubes instead of those paper towel rolls they used, oddly enough though they had bubble wrap in the top and bottom on all 3. Wonder if maybe they upgraded to the thicker tubes and did away with the wrap.

that sucks, check it over really good. I got mine from Kistler and they sent it wrapped in bubblewrap inside a section of schedule 40 PVC.

Jim said:
Is the rod ok? I would be furious! Rod sleeve? Which rod did you buy?

Rods OK, I was scared when I heard it rattling, than I opened the tube and saw the tip through sleeve and my heart sank.

It came in a Kistler Rod Sleeve

I got the 7' Magnesium TS, Med. Hvy for my pitchen stick.

Think I should call the customer service and ask how they ship their Rods, I dont know if it came with bubble wrap and someone popped the end off the tube to check out the rod. It was shipped US Mail, the post lady dropped it off.

I've never bought rods from BPS, but I have gotten a few from Cabelas. They wrap the rods with plastic, then bubble wrap and into a hard cardboard tube. No rattles...never had a problem. USPS sucks in my opinion. Very slow and alot of damaged/shreded mail.

slim357 said:
Ive stopped ordering rods from there, mainly because I had 3 come broken/damaged from them last year, if only they would use thicker tubes instead of those paper towel rolls they used, oddly enough though they had bubble wrap in the top and bottom on all 3. Wonder if maybe they upgraded to the thicker tubes and did away with the wrap.
The tube you could hit a baseball with it and nothing would happen, very strong, I just cant believe they wouldnt protect their rods on the inside.

I purchased my Carrot Stix from Tackle Direct, and it was wrapped extremely well in bubble wrap and inside a very sturdy tube. The way it was wrapped in the bubble wrap, there was no way either end of the rod would touch the tube ends. No rattling whatsoever. I also had it shipped to my work address so that it wouldn't be left outside my house while I was at work. It was shipped via UPS.

ACarbone624 said:
I've never bought rods from BPS, but I have gotten a few from Cabelas. They wrap the rods with plastic, then bubble wrap and into a hard cardboard tube. No rattles...never had a problem.
Same here. None from BPS, but Cabelas always does a good packing job. Tackle Warehouse does an excellent packing job as well.

I returned a broken rod to Daiwa and the returned rod was broken almost in the middle. The next one was bent (the tube) but the rod was alright. They don't even use paper towel rolls, they use toilet paper rolls.

I just went out to the garage to check the wall thickness of the tube my Carrot was shipped in. Didn't use a ruler, but the wall thickness of the cardboard tube appears to be a 1/4" thick. Good and sturdy. Tackle Direct must order their tubes from a specialty company, as the tube has their logo printed multiple times around the entire surface of the tube spiraling down the entire length. My 6'7" rod came in a 7' long tube, with plenty of bubble wrap at each end, and more around the entire rod. I was pleased! 8)

I haven't ordered a rd from BPS in years and when i did it w the bionic blades buy 2 get 1 free, so i think they bubble wrapped them
I did get loomis rods in 2 card board tubes that ere bubble wrapped.

Waterwings said:
I just went out to the garage to check the wall thickness of the tube my Carrot was shipped in. Didn't use a ruler, but the wall thickness of the cardboard tube appears to be a 1/4" thick. Good and sturdy. Tackle Direct must order their tubes from a specialty company, as the tube has their logo printed multiple times around the entire surface of the tube spiraling down the entire length. My 6'7" rod came in a 7' long tube, with plenty of bubble wrap at each end, and more around the entire rod. I was pleased! 8)

And how long have you had that carrot stick? You still have the tube? You're just like me. Some day I'll need something and will regret throwing it away... So I don't throw stuff away, even broken stuff because I can take it apart and save the fasteners for some future project.

flounderhead59 said:
Waterwings said:

And how long have you had that carrot stick? You still have the tube? You're just like me. Some day I'll need something and will regret throwing it away... So I don't throw stuff away, even broken stuff because I can take it apart and save the fasteners for some future project.

I will have had it a year come mid-March, and have enjoyed it everytime I've used it. 8) . Yep, still have the tube in case I need it for something. My wife says I'm a packrat, lol. :)

I've ordered rods from Cabelas and they were packed very good. Both rod ends were wrapped in bubble wrap with cardboard spacers in the ends to keep it from moving inside. I usually received the cardboard cylinders but I once received a PVC tube with a snap on cap at the end. I have used this for taking my rods to Florida on a plane.

Latest posts