Video of F16 and C130

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
The quality sucks because I zoomed in all the way with my cell phone, but if you ever wanted to know how long it took for one of these to get off the ground, you can see it here. With my headphones on I can hear when the afterburners kick in, I can barely hear it on my computer.. but then again, I don't have external speakers here at work..

13sec on the F16

18sec for the C130

You can see I wasn't standing very far from them, maybe 40 yards... The radar equipment I work on is right beside the runway. It shows all planes within a 50 mile radius, then it sends out the landing approach to the pilots.

Cool Videos Russ.....

I flew in some C130s about 20 years ago when I was in the Navy. No windows and facing backwards inside the plane :lol: :lol:

Was a passenger in the C130's (and another similar type plane - don't recall the numbers), as well as several huey's, shinooks and those little bubble-shaped helicopters??, back in 1968 in Vietnam - traveled all over the country for my duty assignment then - man, that was a long time ago :shock: . point being, I logged a lot of air time back then.....

I saw an experimental C130 do a 70 degree climb out,level off,and do a single barrel roll.I was
stationed at Donaldson Center Airpark,just down from Lockheed Martain.I thought something
had went wrong and it was going to crash.I had that sinking feeling until one of retired pilots
told me the plane had been rebuilt to test different types of new engines.

you should try doing a combat landing in one... straight down spiral then they level off at landing... I nearly crapped my pants the first time overseas when we landed, never had heard of them before my first trip into hostile areas..

russ010 said:
you should try doing a combat landing in one... straight down spiral then they level off at landing... I nearly crapped my pants the first time overseas when we landed, never had heard of them before my first trip into hostile areas..

I think I'll stick to flying in something I'm certified to fly.I learned quickly to choose my flying partner.
Dipping tires at 140 knots in Lake Greenwood taught me to choose carefully.We were flying a souped
up Glasair I tail dragger.I experienced exstreme pucker factor that day. :LMFAO:

is an Air Guard base in South Carolina - McEntire Joint National Guard Base... it's about 30min east of Shaw AFB coming back towards Columbia

Latest posts