AQUA VU

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioStateBuckeye

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? Im wondering how well they work and if they are worth trying but my only problem is whether or not they will work will in the muddy water that we often have in ohio...

Ive seen youtube videos of this but they always seem to be in clear water during the ice fishing days.

Any suggestions?

A fishing buddy of mine has an older model of one of those and doesn't even use it due to the murky/muddy water we have here. Said he "...wasted his money on that piece of @#$%^& have-to-have gear".

unless you're in crystal clear water like here in GA, don't waste your money. I bought one 3 years ago to use in South Carolina where the water stays stained. All I could see was muddy water. Luckily I sold it to some goob who didn't need it either...

We attempted to use one for some underwater footage of our noodling trips.

The very first flathead snapped the camera housing right in half. :lol:

I have a MarCum underwater viewing system. I use it for ice fishing (sometimes) and when I'm drifting for perch on Lake Michigan. I have 2 complaints which are sort of contradictory to each other. When drifting for Perch, I'm generally in water deeper than 50 feet. The camera cable is 50 feet long. Wish it was longer. When I use it ice fishing, the cable gets stiff and very difficult to maneuver the camera by trying to twist the cable. So you have to let out more cable so you can twist it. The more cable you let out so you can twist the camera the more cumbersome it becomes. My solution to this would be to use a cable with a flexible cover like used on a transducer. MarCum used to make a system where the camera panned 360 degrees and was controlled on the control panel. It also featured a compass so you would know which way you were looking. I believe they have been bought out and that camera system is no longer offered.

Oh, Lake Michigan has crystal clear water and I can see a good 20 feet with the camera (and see Perch) The ice fishing is done on more murky waters and 3-4 feet is about average. If you turn down the lights you can actually see further (sort of like the highbeams in the fog theory)

Latest posts