Dave Ramsey????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kentuckybassman said:
Has anyone on here went through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course?

Kinda. I had someone burn it on a set of CD's and I went thru it that way. Then its also not very well accepted by others, or should I say it don't make friends easy.

It deffiantly is the way to handle your money but I came to not like his rado station. Has no heart on some of these poor folks that truely have no clue on how to handle their money.

Not personally but friends have and they are debt free next month after trying to pay student loans off for ten years. I say go for it!

Also check out Crown Financial Ministries www.crown.org
My wife and I taught a class at our church using this material. It all comes down to living within your means. Let me know if I can be any help.

The wife and I owe for nothing but the house thanks to Dave's help. There's nothing rocket science about what he teaches, No snake oil. It's just the basic stuff that we should all know but sometimes lose sight of as we chase the "Jones". Basically he wants you to sell everything not nailed down to get out of debt quickly and live on a budget and below your means.

If you're tired of being in debt, follow Dave's guidelines and you will get out of debt. Do you have to go to his FPU class? Maybe, maybe not. His books cover pretty much the same thing his class does. Some people can learn it just as well with the book, others will do better in a classroom environment. If you are married your wife will also be on board with the idea otherwise you probably won't succeed.

I started listening to Dave's radio show about three years ago and he struck a note with me. Yes, sometimes he can be a bit harsh to some of the callers, but the truth sometimes hurts. When you make 50k a year and go out and finance a 30k car you need to be told that you're an idiot :)

Whether you choose Dave or one of the other similar class out there, I encourage anyone reading this to set a goal to get out of debt. I can't tell you now much less stress we have in our lives now that we don't live paycheck to paycheck. Trust me... if I can do it... anyone can.

-- Poolie

Latest posts