Freezing Rain/Ice Storm

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, as predicted, the freezing rain is here, and coming down hard at the moment. They've already cancelled school for tomorrow, and we expect to be out Wednesday also. Hopefully that'll be as long as it lasts. If a storm is imminent I'd rather have snow than ice, but if given a choice I'd rather have neither. They're predicting anywhere from 1/4" to 1" of ice. That ain't good. :shock:

Freezing rain is the worst! Hopefully you don't lose power or anything from this storm.We are supposed to get a coating to an inch of slush here. Having the day off is one thing, but the day off with no tv or internet would be torture!

Hope everything goes well for you waterwings.....the so called weathermen call for snow and ice around here, but if it is anything like the last storm that tripled my drive home time, they have no clue what will happen. My gf is supposed to come up tomorrow evening, I hope that works out ok, but I doubt it will.

I want spring and no more ice...I need to fish :evil:

Here in So Illinois we have a 1/2 inch of ice pellets on the ground and it is now snowing. We are in the 8+ inch category for this storm. Supposed to be the worse since 04'. I work an hour away and it was a ROUGH drive here. Now i just found out my 6 month old son has a 103 degree temp at home. ](*,)

we got nothing but fog... 1/8 mile visibilty. Wouldn't be a problem anywhere, but here in Atlanta that equates from my normal 26 mile, 1.5 hour drive to a 26 mile, 3 hour drive. Thank God for XM Radio!

As of now we probably have close to an inch and the storm is only half way through!! I figure we will lose power before too long since they are predicting 2" or more of this stuff (ICE) !!I already have a couple of trees down and some limbs so who knows what yet is to come!!https://images.intellicast.com/WeatherImg/RadarLoop/lit_None_anim.gifI'm right in the middle of the pink where it says uno.!!!

It's bad here. I was cutting limbs at 7 am this morning in an attempt to keep them from breaking down the limbs that they were laying on top of. I have 3 of the neighbors' pine trees laying across my fence and in my backyard now.

Luckilly, our power has only been off for about 2 hours this morning and I have my fingers crossed that it won't go out again. I've been out trying to find batteries and a heater of some sort to heat one room in the house in case it goes out again but there's nothing left on store shelves except dust.

I absolutely hate ice and that seems to be about all we get here anymore. The news said that there is already 60k people in KY without power and we're at least 24 hours away from the end of the storm. It's not supposed to get above freezing until Saturday, either. :(

Quackrstackr said:
I have 3 of the neighbors' pine trees laying across my fence and in my backyard now.

Their homeowners should cover the costs of removing. I had 2 trees fall and called my insurance company. Even though they didn't damage anything, they still paid me $500 per tree because of the value of them. Just something to think about incase your neighbors don't know about that part of their policy. There insurance should pay to have them removed and fix your fence... shouldn't make their insurance premiums raise either.

Hope things get better for you where you're at.

Kentuckybassman hope you guys are good over in Westplains. It sucks here in Poplar Bluff. It has pretty much been raining here all day long. Tree limbs are dropping like flys. Oh there goes another right outside my window. So far so good on the power situation though. Our Utility company does a great job of keeping trees trimmed away from the overhead lines. Service to my house is underground so that is good. Man I can't wait for some 70* weather.

My poor boat.

IMG_3352.jpg

Look like this tree is done.

IMG_3353%20copy.jpg

IMG_3355%20copy.jpg

as you guys from the south sit here and send pics i dread going to work tonight at 1130 in which i will be working in it. we are supposed to get 4-6in of snow..

I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like it's gonna be another loooooooooooong day at work tomorrow they are calling for snow tonight followed by freezing rain then rain most of the day. As long as the wind stays away it shouldn't be too bad...
I fired up the snow blower for the first time in 2 years I just hope we don't need it.

Wayne

yea who even knows wht its like to fish anymore? i think im starting to froget... havent been out for about a month or 2 since steelhead fishing #-o

I wish i could say everything is just fine but it would be a LIE!!! I teel ya what..this is crazy!!My power is on for now and hopefully the rest of the night but my odds are not looking very favorable!
I got limbs down like crazy and hitting my roof and my shop roof and just leavin' a big ol' mess! All in all we are ok though,got food food water and heat and we are all together at home so it's all good!! :mrgreen: The weather man says more ice on top of this 2" and then 1-3" of snow on top of that so we'll see what tomorrow holds :roll:
Codeman said:
Kentuckybassman hope you guys are good over in Westplains. It sucks here in Poplar Bluff. It has pretty much been raining here all day long. Tree limbs are dropping like flys. Oh there goes another right outside my window. So far so good on the power situation though. Our Utility company does a great job of keeping trees trimmed away from the overhead lines. Service to my house is underground so that is good. Man I can't wait for some 70* weather.

My poor boat.

IMG_3352.jpg

Look like this tree is done.

IMG_3353%20copy.jpg

IMG_3355%20copy.jpg

Latest posts