Need some opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys think we should combine some forums?

Like maybe the photography and cameras with electronics? (Just an example)

I hate going to forums where they have a million categories and no one has posted in them in a few days/weeks/months. I know it does not happen here of course :LOL2: but scrolling down a whole page stinks too.

Most of our forums are active which is great but there are a couple that maybe should be combined.

I don't mind creating all the forums you guys want, but for the lurker who scrolls and sees categories that have not been posted in awhile might think it is a dry forum.

Or leave it as is...what do you guys think?

Maybe Rods & Reels with Bait & Tackle?

Products with Sponsors??

Sell it & hot Deals?

Hunting & recipes

Boat talk, motors & electrical?

Combine the bass clubs under one forum heading with each club as a sub forum inside

Just some thoughts, but I also think it is fine the way it is......

I like this site because of it's ease to navigate... one thing when combining similar but different topics is they sometimes get lost and are harder to find. Right now, you really don't have that much stuff and I think it's fine. When you start creating categories with subcategories it gets harder for people to navigate - especially depending upon their internet connection. That's one of the reasons why it's easy for me to get on this site while on my parents dial up connection.

The best thing I like about this site is the "View New Posts" link up in the right corner... I can see everything there from when I signed off, to when I signed on... and while I'm on here, I can see responses everytime I leave a page. When I'm finished reading a topic I hit that link everytime.

Latest posts