Youtube video - Clean a perch in 10 seconds.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow!

those helmets are going to be cold for the ride back :lol:

I remember seeing people "cleaning" smelt with their finger, they'd pop them from the anus up with their finger while they were still alive and then slap them on the grill. They'd still have fins and heads but the have all the guts out.

Nickk said:
wow!

those helmets are going to be cold for the ride back :lol:

I remember seeing people "cleaning" smelt with their finger, they'd pop them from the anus up with their finger while they were still alive and then slap them on the grill. They'd still have fins and heads but the have all the guts out.

Thats the only way to eat smelt! With lemon too!

That was posted on a local forum I frequent. One of the guys tried it and he said although it took him longer than 10 seconds it can be done. No, the rib bones stay with the meat. I might try it next perch season. I'll have to cut the rib bones off so my wife will eat them though.

That was awesome.

He said after it is cooked the meat will fall off the bone. Back home when we caught bream (bluegill) we would scale and gut them and cut off the head and cook the body whole. After they were done, you could slide a fork down the side of the dorsal fin start at front and move back and do it again until you got to the back and the fillet would fall off and leave the bones. Then do the otherside. Not sure how everyone else does them.

i also fillet all my catches.... but that was really cool i wonder if it would work on small trout

minicuda said:
i also fillet all my catches.... but that was really cool i wonder if it would work on small trout

Doubt it... But this will :lol:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6663&hilit=wunder

I cant do that but I've been known to fillet a finger in a blink of an eye :wink:

Latest posts