Neighbor's "Pet"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsouce411

Reaction score
So, about a month ago I moved into my new apartment, and things couldn't be better. Great place, awesome location, even sits on small 10 acre private pond loaded with bass. Needless to say, things have been awesome here.... until the past couple weeks. I'm not sure what started it, but for the past 2 weeks, nearly every morning beginning at about 3 am (well before the sun comes up) until about 6 am I've heard what I can only describe sounded like a VERY strange rooster. I say strange, because it's not the typical "cock-a-doodle-doo" noise associated with a rooster.

It's not even that loud, certainly not loud enough to wake you up. However, similar to hearing a drop of water when lying in bed, it becomes one of those things where if you do hear it, it becomes the only thing you can focus on and becomes VERY irritating (to say the least.)

Last night's episode was by far the worst yet. This morning, my landlord called and asked if i had heard it too. I explained that yes, I had and was quite irritated with it, and went as far as saying "that rooster sounding thing. I want to find it and kill it."

Come to find out, it's not a rooster. It's a PEACOCK! Now, correct me if I'm wrong.... but who own's a peacock? Especially in the dead of winter in MAINE?!

Here's a little taste of what I have the pleasure of listening to every morning: [youtube]8IF-UXYyilw[/youtube]

Long story short.... The landlord is equally as irritated as I am. He said if it happened again he'd have a talk with the neighbor. I suppose if that doesn't work.... I did just pick up a nice Remington 11-87 12 gauge I'm just itching to try out :lol:

Supposedly they make great watch dogs. I know a guy who rescues them as well as other odd species and now has around a dozen running around his property. Personally, I'd rather be listening to that than the booming audio systems I have to listen to every Friday through Sunday night. :x

I got chased by a peacock one time while at my family's place in Kentucky.. the neighbors down the road had a few and they were mean as hell

Doesnt your landlord know if its legal to keep a peacock in his complex?

If you do "blast" it make sure you ship it to Mr. Jim, perhaps for a TurCocken, cockturken, Peaducken or DuckPeaturken? :wink:

shamoo said:

If you do "blast" it make sure you ship it to Mr. Jim, perhaps for a TurCocken, cockturken, Peaducken or DuckPeaturken? :wink:

HAHA. TurCocken :lol:

It's not really up to the landlord. It's a 2 unit home. I have the downstairs, he and his fiancé live in the upstairs unit. The neighbor (next door) has the bird.

You have not heard anything yet - wait until the spring - Peacocks have a really loud "scream" they use as a mating call

I came across a peacock in the woods hunting. pretty bizzar for living in the middle of the smokey mountains and ill second the statement that they're mean as hell.

i say kill it and ask your neighbor over for dinner. say you got some fresh bird
all it takes is a pelit rifle if you want to be discrete about it :mrgreen:

drsouce411 said:
shamoo said:

HAHA. TurCocken :lol:

It's not really up to the landlord. It's a 2 unit home. I have the downstairs, he and his fiancé live in the upstairs unit. The neighbor (next door) has the bird.

:LOL2:

Turducken-thumb.jpg

Roast Peacock with Olive Stuffing

Singe and draw a peacock and stuff with the following forcemeat: Hard-cook 1 egg and mash it immediately with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup pork liver paste, 1/2 cup finely chopped black olives, the peacock liver, finely chopped, and 1/2 teaspoon aniseed. Bind the stuffing with raw egg and season it with cayenne, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste. Stuff the cavity and sew or skewer the opening. Brush the bird with melted butter and tie thin slices of salt pork over the breasts. Roast the bird in a moderate oven (350º F.) for 20 minutes per pound, basting it frequently with melted butter. After 30 minutes, remove the slices of pork, add 1 cup orange juice to the pan drippings, and continue to cook the bird until it is brown and tender. Arrange the peacock on a heated platter and serve it hot with the pan juices over and around it.

How to Cook a Peacock

https://www.ehow.com/how_2066631_cook-peacock.html

Latest posts