Another reason to bring your cell phone fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
So I had forgot my cell phone when I went fishing today :oops: and when I got home I saw there were 3 missed calls. :oops: All from my wife's cell phone. :oops: :oops: I also know that by the time I saw this, she would be driving her bus and couldn't talk. After I wake up from my pre-werk nap, she tells me that the Dr. said the reason her right shoulder has been hurting for the past year is that she has a torn rotator cuff and is having surgery Monday morning :shock: She said she will need to wear a sling for FOUR months. I know her health is more important but I was wanting to hire JD Spinner for a spring Walleye trip. She won't be able to fish at all with her arm limited like that. Sure hope it's better by October of I'm gonna have to cance, um... go to Dale Hollow alone. I guess if worse came to worse, she could come along and cook for you clowns, and then I would have room in my boat for someone else. All conjecture on that at this point though.

For the first (I think she said) 4 weeks she can't raise her arm at all. I guess that means I'll have to shower with her to wash her hair. Not sure how the getting dressed is gonna work. She usually wears t-shirts and that will be difficult to do alone if I'm at werk.

my more re rotar cup she flipped my friends fourwheller lol but she didnt have to have surgery i hope your wife is ok

I had mine done bout two years ago(2 screw in it), was in a sling for bout 3 weeks, had it done on a thursday and was in rehab that Monday, (4 Month). They give you a cuff for your shoulder that has two hoses that run into an insulated cooler with a pump to circulate ice water around the operation. This keeps the swelling down, plus the meds are off the hook =D>

First and foremost, here's to your wifes speedy recovery. I had both shoulders done about 7 years ago. @ back surgeries 1987 & 1990. I'll say this, I would rather go through the 2 back surgeries again before the Roto cuffs. @ 1st the hardest part will be remembering not to use the arm. Just from every day conditoning, if you drop something your natural instinct is to reach out and try to catch it, ooooops. The 1st day I can't even tell you how many times my ex would say" do you realize your arms hanging out of the sling"? Never had a clue due to the pain meds. To shower I placed my arm in a garbage bag and taped it up w/ water proof first aid tape, but that was 4 days after returning home. 6 weeks later I was using it for light stuff. At 1st therapy's a real pain. They make you stretch and bend your arm in ways that you want to fight, yet following through with the therapy is a must. It gets much easier after the 3rd week. Casting was limited to side arm keeping the elbow tight to my ribs around week 4. Over hand cast came about week 8 of recovery, again keeping my elbow glued to my side just using my wrist and forearm. 3 months later I was back to everyday casting and very little pain, though I don't believe I was supposed to be. Sleeping is all together another issue! Always sleep on your back? Your kidding me right?
Be prepared for middle of the night massages & pampering :wink: I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to give you some real life experiences of what's to come. With a little practice and a few broken items you'd be amazed how much you can accomplish w/your feet :lol:

I will say a prayer for you and your wife.

Here is to a painless surgery and a speedy recovery.

Oh yeah,
If you need, I am more then willing to use your boat and fishing gear to keep the rust off :mrgreen:

Captain Ahab said:
I will say a prayer for you and your wife.

Here is to a painless surgery and a speedy recovery.

Oh yeah,
If you need, I am more then willing to use your boat and fishing gear to keep the rust off :mrgreen:

Hellooo, aluminum boat, doesn't rust. Besides, it's covered in snow right now anyhow

Latest posts