Why I can't wait for warmer weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
Once the spawn is on, The silvers on the Illinois River will grow wings and start flying. Along with my arrows. :twisted: :twisted:

[youtube]vwMSy7xK218[/youtube]

It usually only happens with 2 stroke outboards. Sometimes it happens with 4 strokes, but not nearly as many will react. Something to do with the frequency or intensity of the vibrations from a 2 stroke makes them flip out. It is actually becoming a problem for people who ski and tube, getting hit in the head with 30+ lb fish.

Yes, the asian flying carp are an invasive species.

That looks really hard but fun and rewarding!

They are invasive and no matter how many we tale they aren't ever going away. And just so everyone knows, the Bowfishing Association of Illinois does not support leaving any fish on shore or in the water.

There is a crayfish farmer who collects the fish from tournaments to use as food for the craws. There are also several farmers who will gladly except the carp to use as fertilizer in the fields which helps everyone by keeping chemical fertilizers out of our foods and environment. Gar are supposedly good eating so most of those are taken home. I have yet to try it but am anxious to.

Latest posts