Walk on water

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Not a true fishing report but kinda.

Today was the Walk on Water ice fishing derby whish is a big fund raiser for the American Cancer Society. Unofficially I heard they raised over $4K today. The goal was $3,500.00. I had a great time and caught a bunch of fish, none big enough to even try to enter for the big fish contest. Biggest panfish was a 15" Crappie and biggest game fish was a 38" Northern. I was about 40' feet from the guy that caught the Northern. Thanks to everyone that supported this cause.

DSCN0006_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

he pulled that fish out of one of those tiny holes???

not only that, but was he using one of those little .. well, I don't know what they are called, but I call them "finger" rods because it looks like a finger is all you can use to hold it

Actually he had a full sized rod and was dead sticking with it. The hardest part about getting it through the tube is getting the fish to face straight up. Once they get into the tube, a lot of times they will rocket out. Guess they get claustrophobic?

how deep is the tube? I guess the tube is the sheet of ice? I know absolutely nothing about ice fishing... but one day, one day I will try it

Cool stuff FH :D

I wanna try ice fishing but, being my luck I'd catch the biggest one yet and lose it cause it wouldn't fit thru the hole :lol:

Russ,
The tube is basically just the hole in the ice. We don't slide anything in the hole once it is drilled, like a real tube or anything like that. The "tube" is as long as the ice is thick.

Latest posts