My wife’s surgery

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Today my wife went in for Rotator Cuff surgery. The doctor said it should take about 2 – 2½ hours. After 3 hours I was wondering what was up. 3½ hours and I was getting concerned. I thought that if there were serious complications I would have been told something. 4 hours after she went in the doctor came out and said everything went perfectly. The reason it took longer was when they went in, they also found her Bicep muscle was frayed and needed immediate repair. They cut off the end of the Bicep and reattached it. She is in a lot of pain and still fighting off the adverse effects of the anesthesia.

Hope you are are doing well and her recovery is quick. My wife went in for heart surgery a couple of years ago and the same thing happened with the time. Wish they would just have somebody let you know so you don't worry so much.

I hope your wife gets well and is out of pain real soon. It seems to me that it always takes longer than expected. I agree with alumacraftjoe that they should have someone come out and let you know it will take a little longer than expected. It would save a lot of worry in the waiting room.

Glad everything went ok, I know whats shes going through, shes in my prayers [-o<

Good to hear she came through it OK despite the complication. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Grat news Andy, glad it went well, albeit longer than expected.. Wish her a speedy reovery and I hope for an easy therapy program for her.

BTW, did the extra time in surgery push back your ice hole drilling time today?? :p :p

Glad to hear everything is ok. I know the anticipation about waiting - my dad had a heart attack about 2 years ago. I'm in GA and he's in SC. My mom told me to wait before I left because they weren't sure how bad it actually was. I waited about an hour for her to call me back and got restless. I made the trip from Atlanta to Columbia SC in 1.5 hours - should be a 3.5 hour trip... My wife's toyota avalon can keep a constant 120mph and ride like a caddy all the way. I don't know why there were no cops, but it was after midnight when I left.

Anyways - glad she's good to go. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Latest posts