Electric brake controller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sccamper

Reaction score
We are soon going to upgrade to a travel trailer that will require an electric brake controller. I dont have any experience towing with electric brakes, I have installed a few through the years but not for me. Can I get some feedback on what styles and types are working good for you guys? Do they all perform just as good as other or does a better quality unit work better?

I have used electric trailer brakes.I do not recall the manufacture.Being that it is a safety device,any system should be fine.Some may be a little more sensitive than others.The unit in the truck I drove was adjustable.I was taught how to set the adjustment.The way I was taught was to adjust it until you feel the trailer brakes apply and then back it off just a little.That's about all I can tell you.I pulled a 19 foot construction trailer full of steel scafolding.

94 F150. Ive installed a few. There is a difference between installing and knowing a product. I was just handed a box and told that they are waiting up front. My truck had a controller when I got it. Ripped it out the third time I banged my knee. Traded it for the fiberglass shell on the truck now.

Latest posts