Look at what I did this afternoon.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueWaterLED

Reaction score
Couldn't wait until dark so I could take some pics :smile:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Looks good Mike. Waiting for decent weather to install my kit. Hoping the switches will fit on the edge of the tailgate so the lights come on when the gate is dropped.

I tried getting power from my trailer plug, this 2008 is strange. The wire marked battery was very clear, so I took a meter to it and it had no juice. One of my customers in West Virginia ordered from me in the middle of the install and he is a GM tech so I asked him about it and he said not to mess with the trailer plug. So I ran the wire from the battery along with all of the wires from the fuse box and that kept it simple. I connected it up and bam, came on first time.

wow... is it legal to drive with those lit up as you're going down the road?

I may be buying a new jon.. and even though I don't really need lights because I don't fish at night, I'm still going to do it right. I like that push button, I saw that earlier when I got your email. I'm also going to get some of those stickers for the new boat... and order the carbon fiber for the truck.. .those things are cool!

russ010 said:
wow... is it legal to drive with those lit up as you're going down the road?

I may be buying a new jon.. and even though I don't really need lights because I don't fish at night, I'm still going to do it right. I like that push button, I saw that earlier when I got your email. I'm also going to get some of those stickers for the new boat... and order the carbon fiber for the truck.. .those things are cool!

Not sure if it is legal but it is certainly not me. I just did it for loading and unloading and to give off plenty of light at early take offs or late night weigh-ins.

The loading/unloading is why I'm doing my wife's truck. She has a tonneau cover and keeps it rolled out most of the time anyhow. Hers also has a black sprayed in bed liner, which I hope doesn't absorb all the light.

Latest posts