Just a heads Guys and Gals Back ordered items

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOIST-N-HAWGS

Reaction score
If you have back ordered items through Tacklewarehouse, make sure you cancel the order, unless you want them to ship it out and charge your account sometime in the future, no matter how long ago you ordered it. The order was placed over seven months ago. Two of the items were backordered. They shipped them out today and charged my account, which put me over my limit and I now have an over darft fee to deal with. When I called they said I have to pay to ship them back and there's nothing else they can do for me. So your options are: Accept the product and pay the over darft fee, or pay to ship them back and still contend w/the over darft fee. I guess the owness lies w/me on this one and just wanted to make others aware. I simply forgot about products ordered from 7 months ago, go figure?

HOIST-N-HAWGS said:
FishingBuds said:
:shock: no frigin way :shock:

was it rod building or bait building stuff if ya mind me asken?

neither, multiple bags of plastics. #-o

:lol: dang, you'd better put them up, "theys special"

Try your bank out on fixen this, I had somethen similiar happen to me last month, Mudhole was out some guides, cool thing was they called me on the cell phone to tell me. I returned the call a couple hours later to change the brand and it was all good and I got my hole order out =D>

well two days later my wife finds out I was doubled charged, they forgot to cancell the first origanle order so I was hit twice, she called the bank and told them the issue and they credited us cause it overdrafted us too, I called mudhole and they super apologized about it, and did a little nice thing for me by cancelling the delivery charge and credited that back at me =D>
So, try your bank if ya haven't yet, hopefully they could understand something being that far out and forgotten [-o<

Wow that sucks. Did they send you any notice that your order was in? Either way that is a bunch of BS. Seven months is a long time to wait, I often forget half the things I ordered while waiting to receive them in the mail in a week or so :roll: I have nothing but good things to say about tackle warehouse, but something like this could easily turn me off to them. Thanks for the heads up, and I hope everything works out for you [-o<

jkbirocz said:
Wow that sucks. Did they send you any notice that your order was in? Either way that is a bunch of BS.

What he said.... it's not good business to go in and charge without warning... especially with the way the economy is today.

You know... the more I think of it, the more it really pisses me off. Here I am buying a ton of stuff from them, and they in turn do something like this. When I see something is back ordered, I usually stop looking, and go to another site... good think I never did that with them.

I did pre-order that Lowrance hd5 from a company and they haven't charged me yet - I just have to keep in my head that my account will be what it shows online, minus the $$ for the FF. I don't balance my checkbook, hell I don't even write but 1 check a month - so I do all of my accounting online.

When I finally decided to order my Carrort Stix last year I ord'd from Tackle Warehouse. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock but a delivery date to them was given. The delivery date would get close, I'd inquire about it, and then get an email saying there was a new delivery date. This went on for right at two months. I sent an email to cancel the order (twice as I recall). Order was cancelled. I then ordered the same rod from Tackle Direct and had it in 4 days. 8)

Wow, thats suprising. I ordered some black and blue Paca Chunks from them, and when they came in the package said black and blue but they were watermelon candy or something. I called them up and they sent me the right stuff for free. I thought it was very good of them to do that.

Everyone makes mistakes, even reputable companies. Thats how i try to look at it anyways.

russ010 said:
jkbirocz said:
Wow that sucks. Did they send you any notice that your order was in? Either way that is a bunch of BS.

What he said.... it's not good business to go in and charge without warning... especially with the way the economy is today.

You know... the more I think of it, the more it really pisses me off. Here I am buying a ton of stuff from them, and they in turn do something like this.
I

I can understand this happening after a few months, but not 7 months later. If they can send me an email informing me they just charged my account and the products were shipped, why couldn't they send an email informing me of what was about to transpire 1st, prior to charging it. I feel it would have been better business to at least send me an email 1st. As someone already stated, especially they way the economy is! Normally their customer service is great, I've deeling with them forever. I must spend at least $400-$1000 a year through TW. Yet, when I call to explain the situation and their answer is, sorry there's nothing we can do for you, it's time to end the relationship. Obviously, there not concerned about losing a long time customer over $50 and doing the right thing. I'm seriously considering calling the local media and see if they'd be interested in helping out.

You think this is a byproduct of huge and rapid growth?

The only way to forgive them now is if they advertise here and offer TinBoats members a 10% discount. :LOL2:

If you have a good history and use a local bank the chances are good that you can have the overdraft fees waived. One Christmas my wife made a purchase that didn't get shipped out till March sometime and the same thing happened to us. We went to the bank and explained our situation and they waived the fee for the overdraft.

7 months is a long time for them to keep something backordered, when I order from them I dont order directly from the computer, I alway write it down on a piece of paper and order off that so when I'm ready to place the order an item may not be in stock. I never back order items, in fact my recent order was $25 light, a lot of sexy-shad colors were out of stock.

Good luck what ever you do.

I left a huge sign in red marker addressed to the Fedex delivery guy refusing acceptance of the package. Calling my bank right now.
Thanks for all the advice!

HOIST-N-HAWGS said:
I left a huge sign in red marker addressed to the Fedex delivery guy refusing acceptance of the package. Calling my bank right now.
Thanks for all the advice!

If at all possible go to the bank in person and talk to the manager, It makes a world of difference!

Why wouldn't they do exactly what they did?

You ordered it and never canceled the order. You still had a standing contract with them to deliver goods at a predetermined price and were therefore obligated to pay them for it, regardless of how long it took them to ship it to you. It isn't their fault that you forgot and were near your account limit.

I must be missing something here.

I can see both sides of this debate.

In my opinion TackleWarehouse should only back order things for a certain amount of time...maybe 3 months?
And they should inform you somehow that they will be charging your account before they do it after the item comes in.

TackleWarehouses policy on back ordered items is not clear in their customer service section. I'm sure the bank will take care of the fee if you call and plead your case...even though its a PITA.

Not sure if this is the place to ask.
If you get a check and don't cash it for 6 months or more,isn't it considered void or something like that?
Maybe I'm way off,kinda on the same lines.

Zum said:
Not sure if this is the place to ask.
If you get a check and don't cash it for 6 months or more,isn't it considered void or something like that?
Maybe I'm way off,kinda on the same lines.

I have seen it written on some checks before...something to the effect of "If not cashed within XYZ this check will be void"

Latest posts