A small sample of my disease

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
I took this photo last year, and since then I think I purchased several more reels and poles. Everytime I make a new purchase, I am reminded by the wife that I have a disease. Anyone else have a problem like me.
Picture611.jpg

I made a rod rack for the roof of my garage / fishing stuff room (The wife exiled me to a new Kingdom other then the dining room).

I like the fact that I worked around the light :lol:

rods_001.jpg

rods_0021.jpg

you guys are so lucky. I only use two setups for freshwater fishing (or bass at least), an extreme baitcast combo and a shimano convergence with an Okuma SG-30 spinning reel. I also have an ultralight and some ugly stiks that I use mostly for saltwater but can be used for freshwater too. My surf rod is a 10' St. Croix Triumph spinning rod, and I have a freshwater 5wt. St. Croix fly rod. But I only use 2 setups for bass fishing. On my baitcaster, I use braid and fluoro on my spinnning reel. I rarely fish topwaters, but when I do, I take out my spare spool of 12lb. mono for my spinning reel and put that on.

SMDave said:
you guys are so lucky. I only use two setups for freshwater fishing (or bass at least), an extreme baitcast combo and a shimano convergence with an Okuma SG-30 spinning reel. I also have an ultralight and some ugly stiks that I use mostly for saltwater but can be used for freshwater too. My surf rod is a 10' St. Croix Triumph spinning rod, and I have a freshwater 5wt. St. Croix fly rod. But I only use 2 setups for bass fishing. On my baitcaster, I use braid and fluoro on my spinnning reel. I rarely fish topwaters, but when I do, I take out my spare spool of 12lb. mono for my spinning reel and put that on.

Yeah but your just a young pup. Wait until you get old like us big dogs and you will have just as many....trust me.

Jim said:
SMDave said:

Yeah but your just a young pup. Wait until you get old like us big dogs and you will have just as many....trust me.

If you stay single you will have at least three times as much :wink:

esquired said:
Jim said:
SMDave said:

If you stay single you will have at least three times as much :wink:

Yes, What he said! :D :D :D

I purchased a rod rack from a bait shop that was going out of business it holds 100 rods and is almost full The back wall of my 2 car garage is covered with peg board and is full of baits the sides of my garage has floor to ceiling shelves full of plano boxes and more tackle should I tell you about my attic?

Wayne

Nice collections boys. I'm currently using my office as my "tackle room." However, there has been talk of moving to a cubicle. I'm going to have to come up with sometype of basement roof rack like ESQ. Even as a semi "young pup" I've managed to generate quite a bit of tackle. By the way, this is my first post. Nice forum JIM.

nicdicarlo said:
Nice collections boys. I'm currently using my office as my "tackle room." However, there has been talk of moving to a cubicle. I'm going to have to come up with sometype of basement roof rack like ESQ. Even as a semi "young pup" I've managed to generate quite a bit of tackle. By the way, this is my first post. Nice forum JIM.

Thanks man! Cubicle life stinks I know first hand. LOL!

esquired said:
I made a rod rack for the roof of my garage / fishing stuff room (The wife exiled me to a new Kingdom other then the dining room).

I like the fact that I worked around the light :lol:

rods_001.jpg

rods_0021.jpg

Nice rack! How long did it take you to make it? I made this one last year. Its hanging in my hallway. My wife didn't like the idea of my rods in the house, but she was okay with it after I bought her one and it hangs there now.

100_3949.jpg

AC - I made that rack in about an hour - it is more serviceable then pretty as my woodworking skills are lacking. Used a Big hole saw and the sawzall, now I need to make another one as I have more rods then racks - Story of my life :shock:

Latest posts