What's your sleep number?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a Comfort Select mattress set for some time. The price has held me back. Today my waife was telling me that since her surgery, she has been sleeping in the recliner and on the sofa quite a bit and she sleeps better there than on the bed. So, Now I can talk her into the sleep number mattresses. There are several models and was wondering if anyone had one of these and which one and what you thought about them. My boss has one (not sure which model yet) and says it's the best mattress he has ever slept on.

I have never slept on one of those but memory foam gave me the first full night's sleep that I had gotten in over 2 years (on the very first night).

Never slept on a sleep number bed, but I agree with Quackrstackr on the memory foam. My girlfriend's parents have a temper pedic and that thing is amazing. I took a nap on it one day when I was doing work for her parents when they were on vacation. I ran out of materials to continue working, and they would not shut up about how awesome the bed was, so I took a nap on it. I will never forget how comfortable it was, I will definatley be getting one of them some day. Her parents gave my girlfriend a bunch of the pillows and the pillow alone gives me a better night sleep. They are supposed to last forever too.

I have never slept on a sleep number, but I have heard from a couple buddies that they are real noisy, and after a bit, they start to slowly seep down overnight.

We've had one of the temper pedic beds for about 5 years and love it. At the time I also researched the sleep number beds and kept hearing that they eventually all leak. Maybe they're better now, not sure.

My mother-in-law has a sleep number bed that my wife and I use when we vist, and my wife and I both agree that it's noisy and not that confortable. That being said, we couldn't afford a TemperPedic mattress setup (my brother spent almost 4k for the bed he and his wife bought :shock: ), so we tried the Memory Foam pad that you place on top of your existing mattress. They're available at Walmart. I definitely wake up more refreshed and no aches now. :)

I have had a sleep number for about five years and I love it. I do not remember the model # I just remember it was the King with a 2" pillow top. About being noisy? Mine makes no noise unless I am pumping it up. Not loud just a hum. Then it is only for 4 to 5 seconds. My number is 55. I am a big guy at 6'4 295lb. I suffered with pressure points in my hips for years when sleeping. I have not had them one time since I got this bed.

As far as the Termperpedic mattresses go, we both laid on one and found it very uncomfortable. I'm not even entertaing the thought about getting one of those.

Before you bite the bullet and pay big $ for a mattress, buy yourselves one of the pads that WW was talking about and give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Bought one 16 months ago, the 7000 KING. Its great, my number is actually 35 :shock:

we alomst went with the 9000 but, we was lucky to have a store close by to try them, we did not notice a differance between the 7000 and 9000

We have slept alot better since, it can take a bit untill you find your number.

I have a bad back and need surgery, I refuse the surgery unless I can't walk, so the bed thing has become very important to me, all in all I just got the bed and frame around $2500, thats it nothen else-they'll have you walk out the store easy with $6000 :lol:

This took about 6 months to decide what we wanted to get, I have a employee that has the foam mattress and yes he complained about it sinking in the middle.

IMO The sleep number is for people with bad back problems. Cause you can't jusify the cost if you are a healthy person that can sleep anywhere.

20-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON MATTRESSES & FOUNDATIONS
What is covered:

Select Comfort warrants that your mattress and/or foundation will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 20 years from the original purchase date.*

and you can unzip the mattress to vaccum out dust mites when needed.

It does not disturb one of us either when we move around, we have the duall mattres which is a must :wink:

Jim said:
We spent over 1k for a mattress last year. Biggest mistake of my life. I wake up every morning with middle back pain. I hate that bed. :evil:

I did that some years back on a water Bed :x

Jim said:
We spent over 1k for a mattress last year. Biggest mistake of my life. I wake up every morning with middle back pain. I hate that bed. :evil:

A Comfort Select (Sleep Number) or other king of mattress?

flounderhead59 said:
Jim said:

A Comfort Select (Sleep Number) or other king of mattress?

Other kind unfortunately. It is the kind with the individually wrapper coils. Either a Sealy or Serta.

I HAVENT Tried the sleep number but my brother and a few friends have them and say they are great.
I have been stuck in bed for over a week now lower back went out and it hurts to breathe. started disability on friday
I have a king size pillow top stearns and foster and it is great

My parents and some other folks I know did the Select Comfort 30 day trial. My old man has a bad back. They all said that it sucked and sent them back after a week or two. I don't know many with the Tempurpedic, but from what I've heard from a few friends, they really like theirs...except for, of course, the initial expense.

Good luck...

I've heard more unfavorable things about the sleep number bed and we went out to many showrooms yesterday. When we got home I realized our mattress is still in real good shape and the only real difference between ours and the ones my wife liked was the pillow top. Today we bought a 2" memory foam mattress pad and will be putting it on the bed (as soon as it re-inflates after being vacuum packed in a small bag). I probably got the wrong one as this has 3lb density and I read that 4-5lb is better. If I need to return it, I'm screwed as there is no way that is going back in its bag and/or box.

Latest posts