Valentines Weekend @ Dale Hollow State Park Resort

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
The wife and I were blessed to win a drawing from over at Dale Hollow Fishing.com for weekend get away to Dale Hollow State Park Resort, two custom fishing rods and a sack full of Legal Limit Jigs for Valentines. It was a great little trip and I thought I would share some of the highlights / Pictures.

We left from Seymour around 10:30 Saturday morning and decided to take the scenic route and take our time. I wanted to go exploring and take some roads I had never been on before. We exited at Crossville and wound back through the mountains before ending up at Alvin C. York Memorial Grist Mill Park in Pall Mall, TN... I can honestly say, I never knew there was such a town in TN until Saturday. This was an awesome little park which set right on the edge of the river. We spent around 30-45 minutes there just looking around and taking pics. There was about a 6-8' Dam/Waterfall and the water looked like the perfect place to hook into a nice fish... trout or SM. Here is a link to the photos of the park... take few and check them out.

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums...4 2009 Alvin C York Memorial Grist Mill Park/

From there we continued on Hwy 127 North until we crossed into KY and back down to the resort around 2:00pm. We arrived early but thought we would check to see if the room was ready. We were lucky and the room was ready, so we checked in and headed to the room. When we walked in, it was set-up perfectly. The two American Rodsmith fishing rods and rose on the bed for the Mrs. There were 22 Legal Limit Lure Jigs spread out and a bottle of grape sparkling cider sitting on the table by the balcony (Pics Below)

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums...tion=view&current=n1503425564_197674_4915.jpg

We freshened up and went over to the Restaurant for lunch. After lunch we came back to the room and the wife layed down for a nap. I decided to go exploring and went out to see what all the place had to offer and to take some more pics. While out, I ran into a guy from over on SmallJaw's site and talk to him for a good 20 minutes. He had, had a rough day on the water. 1 SM and 3 KY all day. I had been a little sad up until this point, that there was not going to be any fishing for me on this trip, but after speaking with him, I didn't feel quiet so bad. :) (Let me take just a moment here to say what a wonderful place this resort is. It literally has it all... There is a golf course, a putt-putt course for the kids, a Marina, a Cave to go Caving in, Horse & Hiking Trails, a playground and huge swimming pool at the lodge. This would the be the ultimate place to bring the wife and kids during the warmer months as there would be something for everyone to do.) Once I got back to the room, we hung out in the room until around 6:30 and then we went over to dinner. Not only was there a buffet, but for V-Day, they had Elvis there to sing for everyone. (Yes, it's true... Elvis lives and he hangs out at the Dale Hollow State Park Resort :)) He was actually very good. At 8:30 they had the Star Mountain Band play... they did a good job as well. We talked with several other couples and danced for a while before calling it a night around 10:30 or 11.

The next morning we woke up around 8 and walked over to the dinning room for breakfast. Once again it was a buffet style with all the usual items like you find at a Shoney's or other breakfast buffet... it was very good. We went back to the room, packed up, checked out and headed back towards home. Below is a link to the pics of the resort.

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums...ms/Feb 14 2009 Dale Hollow State Park Resort/

I wanted to go by the dam and check it out as it had been raining the last time we were down that way. We got back on 127 and headed South. We road over below the dam, stopped and took some pics and then up to the top to take some more. Below are the pics from those stops. It was a beautiful day.

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Lakes and Dams/Feb 15 2009 Dale Hollow Dam/

We came back out to 127 and continued South when we drove by the One Limit Tackle Shop. It was my first time there and man did they have a great selection of stuff. I picked up two nice Punisher spinnerbaits while I was there. I asked if Stephen Headrick was there as I was hoping to get to meet and chat with the The Fishing Guru himself, but they told me he was off at a show and wouldn't be back until much later. From there we continued on our way winding through the mountains back to the interstate and finally home.

The wife and I had a great time! The American Rodsmith Rods and the Legal Limit Jigs were all Awesome! I can't wait to try them out in the upcoming weeks. And as I have already said, the Dale Hollow State Park Resort is a great family destination. They have a little something for everyone... and even if it's too cold to bring the family, take yourself and hit the water. The Marina is less than 5 minutes away and the fishing is always fun!

God Bless & Good Fishing!

G3 & Mrs. G3

First of all Congratulations on your winnings =D> , American RodSmith makes a very nice Rod. Sounds like Dale Hollow is a first class place, glad you had a good time.

Very nice pictures.

Latest posts