lets talk about squirrels

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katplayer187

Reaction score
so my girlfriends mom has squirrels in her chimney and attic and has no idea what to do too keep them out... anyone have any ideas?

I would try to find where they are coming in and then block it off if it's practical. If you can't do that, buy some fox urine. Most hunting stores carry it in a small pump bottle and spray it around where you think they are coming in or around where they are bedding. I used it a few years ago and the squirrels never came back.

As some of y'all may recall, I had squirrel problems last year. Well, got that one taken care of. Live caught them in a Have-a-heart cage, then released them (2) far from my house. Now, I have a couple in the eaves on the front of the house. Found where they got in, a piece of wood is missing off the front corner of a dormer on the roof. Unable to get up there to do anything, but will find a way. Someone at work the other day mentioned getting coyote urine and spraying/pouring some in the entrance, then sealing it with a new piece of wood. They said the varmits will never return after they smell the urine.

katplayer187 said:
so my girlfriends mom has squirrels in her chimney and attic and has no idea what to do too keep them out... anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the 1st line of a bad joke :mrgreen:

soot them ,skin them then cook them up and feed them to the mother inlaw i hear they tast like chicken a lot of people eat them :D

Sorry, can't copy and paste links on my iPod Touch, but take a look at the thread titled "eastern grey squirrels" on page 2 of the forum section "Photography & Cameras." Good luck.

hire me to come over there and i can make you some good ole squirell gravy.

all seriousness if the grey squirells are giving you problems, get a couple of red squirells in there, they are small and mean and make the grey squirells scared and leave an area.... then become friends with the red squirells cuz they dont make very good gravy.

hardwatergrampa said:
soot them ,skin them then cook them up and feed them to the mother inlaw i hear they tast like chicken a lot of people eat them :D
one other thing save the skin and tie up some flys for spring fishing

katplayer187 said:

You need to first identify how they are getting in. Then you need to get them out of the attic, drive them out with a preditor urine, live trap them or kill them with poison or shoot them with an air rifle. Once they are out of the attic, you need to close off where they got it. Recomend nailing or stapling 3/8" hardware cloth (metal screening) on the inside of any wood you replace. Tree rats are creatures of habit and will try to chew their way back in the same place they used to get in. You want to make sure there are no more tree rats in your attic when you seal off the access because if they die up there and their little rat bassturd bodies start to decompose, mom ain't gonna be happy.

like said above me, id set up a trap. even a big rat trap will work, if you dont have a coon type trap. or just throw your cat in the attict for acouple days.

anywho, low-boil them suckers for acouple hours, cut the legs/riblits apart, and fly um up in butter. mmmmmm

Latest posts