Problem viewing pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
I can't seem to open many of the older images in posts. I get the white square with the red x thingy.

I have right clicked and tried "show picture", but it doesn't work. Is this just me?

Thanks

Sometimes on those older pictures, alot of them have been deleted by the original owners of the pics. Therefore making the link "dead". This is probably whats happening.

That's basically it. If it was hosted somewhere other than this site, it was deleted by the owner, or the host.

That's why it is good to host important images for a how to thread or something here, rather than an outside host. It is irritating to get to a post you think will help you, only to find a red x.

Quackrstackr said:
I wonder if the old pics came across when Jim changed site hosts?

Bingo, Moving to a new host corrupted the attachment pictures. I tried hard to recover all of them, them but it is what it is.

If we move to another host one day, the same thing will happen with attachments.

Please try to use the free gallery or a photo hosting account and link them instead. This is a safer alternative.

Sorry guys!
If i knew it would be like this I would of never allowed attachmnents.

Jim said:
Quackrstackr said:
I wonder if the old pics came across when Jim changed site hosts?

Bingo, Moving to a new host corrupted the attachment pictures. I tried hard to recover all of them, them but it is what it is.

If we move to another host one day, the same thing will happen with attachments.

Please try to use the free gallery or a photo hosting account and link them instead. This is a safer alternative.

Sorry guys!
If i knew it would be like this I would of never allowed attachmnents.

No need for apologies to me Jim. I'm grateful to have this place.

You might consider going through some of the Mods tho and getting rid of the ones with broken images. Even better, is if you can contact the owner and see if they will repost the pics. There are quite a few that I read that I would really enjoy seeing the pictures to go along with. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,
Brine

Latest posts