Taking a break from the boat :(

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broncoman

Reaction score
Well after this ice storm I've having to take a little break from playing with the boat and finish working on a few projects on the tractor I had started awhile back so I can start cleaning up.

adding hooks to the front end loader.
small%20hooks.JPG

Adding a thumb.
small%20thumb.JPG

That's cool, should work good for picking up trees and stuff. I used to work for Bobcat and was on the team to add the thumb's to the Mini Excavators. They worked really well once we added a pivot and hydraulic cylinders to them.

Love the Kubota. Much better than big green, IMHO. Is that thumb going to be hydraulically operated?

Jim said:
nice!

I always wanted to drive a Bobcat too.
Sooo much fun. I have gotten to on a few occasions (one of dads hobbies is singlehanded homebuilding, so I have logged a few hours on Bobcats back when I was 8 or so).

Jim said:
nice!

I work at a company now that designs attachments for skid steers so I work with them on a daily basis. The aren't as fun when it's an everyday thing, but I am pretty good with one of them. This is a video of our system (the tracks that are on their instead of tires is ours).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk3toDbNKwI

PS: sorry for hijacking your post.

natetrack said:
Jim said:
nice!

I work at a company now that designs attachments for skid steers so I work with them on a daily basis. The aren't as fun when it's an everyday thing, but I am pretty good with one of them. This is a video of our system (the tracks that are on their instead of tires is ours).

Ahhhh yes.The euro knock off of the US Bobcat skid steer.

ben2go said:
natetrack said:
Jim said:
nice!

Actually, Gehl and Mustang are made in South Dakota, about 90 miles from the Bobcat factory. There is a huge demand for them in Europe for some reason.

For now I'm just going to have a adjustable support arm, I may go hydraulic later. For me It's playing again, I grew up on a farm and have not forgotten the 18 hour days. :D

natetrack said:
ben2go said:

Actually, Gehl and Mustang are made in South Dakota, about 90 miles from the Bobcat factory. There is a huge demand for them in Europe for some reason.

Ahhhh yes.You are right.They are way more common in Europe than the US.Why is that?

ben2go said:
Ahhhh yes.You are right.They are way more common in Europe than the US.Why is that?

Not sure. Maybe they are just better at international business. I'll ask them next time I have to go to the factory.

Latest posts