Thoughts after the ice storm...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Rec'd this in an email today:

Here are a few things that others and I have learned these past few weeks!!!!!

1. Nothing in this life will wake you up faster than sitting on a cold toilet seat.

2.. Propane camping stoves are a good investment.

3. The person who figures out a way to make gas furnaces heat houses without electricity will make a fortune.

4. Second most beautiful sound of the past week - the radio static caused by the power company being in your neighborhood.

5. Most beautiful sound - tie between hearing that loved ones are safe and hearing the whoosh of the furnace kicking on.

6. Look of the week.....scruffy.

7. It's hard to read with gloves on.

8. Great workout - cleaning your yard up.

9. Scent of the week.....kerosene.

10. Most fun - watching the trees rain icicles.

11. Are the people who love winter happy yet ?

12. Is global warming a threat or a promise?

13. Who knew cell phones didn't work during power outages?

14. Does anything feel better than a hot shower after days of being cold and dirty?

15. If it's 52 degrees outside and 48 degrees inside, should you open a window to let the warm air in?

16. It was warmer inside my refrigerator than it was in my house.

17. When ice is an inch thick, the best way to use a can of deicer is to hit the ice with the can.

18. I just wonder in nine months, how many baby's can wear a shirt that says "Winter 09"?

Personally, I think that #11 should be painted on a very large sign and positioned by the large piles of fallen/broken tree limbs that are all over our town. :wink:

Here's some more that a friend of mine added: (he went about 10 days w/o power)

"1) An ice storm disaster is what is known as a “Special Event” in the local Motel market. This allows them to raise their rates from 60$ per night to $199 a night.

2) Writing to the State Attorney Generals office about being gouged by the motel warrants you a “canned” response. Your insurance agent writing them warrants an immediate request from this office for a copy of your bill!

3) This has to be the first time in my life that I found native Kentuckians worried about not being able to bathe.

4) AT&T has more cell phone users than Verison (sp?). 90% of the local population was without phones.

5) Our local “Disaster Shelter” forgot to include a generator in their disaster planning.

6) Limbs with a diameter of over 24” make a hell of a loud noise when they break.

7) When my Granddaughter has to live without television she says she is living like the 'Amish'."

Waterwings said:
FishingBuds said:
Its funny cause its true :lol:

I like number 9 8) it covers up number 3 :lol:

Lol, good point! :lol:

The solution to #3 has become obsolete. There was a time when a furnace had an open flame pilot light and used steam or hot water and radiators. :?

DocWatson said:
Waterwings said:
FishingBuds said:
Its funny cause its true :lol:

I like number 9 8) it covers up number 3 :lol:

Lol, good point! :lol:

The solution to #3 has become obsolete. There was a time when a furnace had an open flame pilot light and used steam or hot water and radiators. :?

Doc - the Second #3

9. Scent of the week.....kerosene.

3) This has to be the first time in my life that I found native Kentuckians worried about not being able to bathe.

Latest posts