New RV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
My wife and I went to the Chicago RV show and found one we both liked. It is a Rockwood Roo 233S. It has 3 queen sided flip out beds and I think both the dinnete and sofa turn into beds as well. Credit union said I could get it so we go Tuesday to sign all the papers at the RV dealership. Just doing my part to stimulate the economy, no need to thank me. :)

Sure will be nice to not sleep on the ground with an air mattress.

roo_233s.jpg

And here's the floor plan

233S.jpg

Waterwings said:
Nice looking rig, FH ! Don't forget to take your new memory foam mattress pad with ya! 8) . Where you gonna travel to with that rig?

We ended up taking the memory foam pad back as it didn't fit the mattress and neither of us liked how it felt. We have a new Setra Eurotop set being delivered Monday. Not sure how the mattresses in the RV are gonna be. Planning on taking it trout fishingin SW Wiscoland for one. I'm gonna need some practice driving that thing before the trip as there are some steep grades with curves getting to where we stay. Dry trailer weight is 4K with a GVWR of 6K. As far as the Class C motor home goes, we looked at them. Neither of us cared for them though. Maybe when I retire and if we want to do a lot of sightseeing. Plus I'm not sure the credit union would help me stimulate the economy that much. :shock:

flounderhead59 said:
And I've already been informed that I am not allowed to cut holes in the bottom [-X and take it ice fishing. :?
Its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Nice FH, I think the pull behinds are the way to go, I actually always had a motorhome, its double the gas and when your on a budget it doesn't leave much room for fun. Up keep is just like another automoblie-it burned me out of it quickly. Just sold my 1980 Winnebago last year and I wrote them off. next one will be a pull behind, much more convenient.

Nice camper! I tried to talk my wife into a hybrid but she has decided that moving up from a popup means moving to something that has no popping involved. I like having a 29' or so camper and only dragging 21' behind me. So we are looking for a travel trailer. If it was up to me, we would still be tenting.

Went down to the dealer yesterday and because the credit union didn't have the exact VIN for the exact travel trailer we were getting wouldn't write a check. So we had to drive down to the dealer (65 miles one way), pick out the exact one we wanted and send the VIN to the credit union. Everything is in place, including my allotment to the credit union and we will be getting the brake controller and weight distributing hitch installed 3/5/09 and while they are doing that we will be getting the hands on, ins and outs of the entire trailer. Guess I need to look into a protective cover for it as well.

if you get the chance watch the great escape you can pick up a few hints on hiding the ice fishing hole from it the wife will neverknow..

Wow.

Campers have come a long way since the popup that my parents had in the 70's. :shock:

Nice rig. Glad to see you doing your part to stimulate the economy. I had my stimulus check spent on the boat in my sig. last year before I even received it. :lol:

flounderhead59 said:
Went down to the dealer yesterday and because the credit union didn't have the exact VIN for the exact travel trailer we were getting wouldn't write a check. So we had to drive down to the dealer (65 miles one way), pick out the exact one we wanted and send the VIN to the credit union. Everything is in place, including my allotment to the credit union and we will be getting the brake controller and weight distributing hitch installed 3/5/09 and while they are doing that we will be getting the hands on, ins and outs of the entire trailer. Guess I need to look into a protective cover for it as well.

Can I paint my room blue? And draw fish on the walls?

Make sure you get a nice coffee maker for me as well.

I cannot wait to go camping :mrgreen:

Latest posts