New Article

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good article. The only sentence that seems awkward to me is:

"The very things that we are looking for are in essence are HAZARDS."

Wish I could offer an alternative but grammer isn't my strong suit. I thought about:

The very things that we are looking for, are in essence HAZARDS. or,

The very things that we are looking for, are in essence, HAZARDS.

Your call though.

Thanks Flounder. =D> That's the kinda stuff that I was hoping would get noticed. It goes to show that no matter how many times you proof read, you will miss something.

"The very things that we are looking for are in essence are HAZARDS."
Funny thing, went back to my original to remove the "are" and it wasn't there. It showed up somwhere between me sending it to Jim and his posting of the article. No biggy, I did add a few comas in. Now it reads more better LOL

Hey Sammy,

Hope you don't mind the critical eye, but if you are going to be published, you want to put out your best work. I think these changes make the article read better and are more grammatically correct. I had to save the file as a .jpg to get it to upload to the forum and not have to reproduce the changes indicated in red. Hope this helps.

~Doc

Attachments

• Corrections.JPG
    Corrections.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 183
Great article.Where was the pic of the bridge in the water taken at?That's scary looking from the air.That's kind of a ghostly pic of the bridge.I seen no roads or rail way tracks to give a clue to a fallen bridge.May have been a good idea for lake management to have had the bridge extracted.This makes the point of,you never know what lies beneath the surface.There are old buildings on the bottom of Lakes Hartwell,Thurmond,and Russell.Just imagine running into an 1800's timber frame building with a heavy metal roof.I found an engine and I/O in 5 feet of water.There was no boat,so I am assuming the boat was wooden and rotted away.You never know what lies beneath the surface.

ben2go said:
Where was the pic of the bridge in the water taken at?That's scary looking from the air.

If you are speaking of the last picture, that is no bridge, it is 10 submerged barges at Ballard's Pointe on Lake Marion.
The bridge in the article is located on Hartwell.

Thanks guys for all your help. =D> I really do appreciate it, even though Doc made me feel like I was back in high school LOL. :mrgreen:

fowlmood77 said:
ben2go said:
Where was the pic of the bridge in the water taken at?That's scary looking from the air.

If you are speaking of the last picture, that is no bridge, it is 10 submerged barges at Ballard's Pointe on Lake Marion.
The bridge in the article is located on Hartwell.

Thanks guys for all your help. =D> I really do appreciate it, even though Doc made me feel like I was back in high school LOL. :mrgreen:

Whoa!those things are shallow.Never been on Marion.Not sure I wanna after seeing that pic.I'm a little hesitant about going out on Hartwell.There are shallows out in the lake where one would think the water would be really deep.

Latest posts