new here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
Hello all jon nuts
Let me first start by saying this is by far the best web site about jon boats on the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found this site last week and can't stop reading,looking for ideas there are so many. OK.
I am about to start a lowe L1648M mod it is a 07 boat.I bougt this boat new with plans of doing this and after 2 years of saving junk alum. that i have found/given/buy.It is time to get started as soon as weather will let me as all work is outside it always is raining/cold here.I have been watching wodeputy and he is doing some of same things i am look at doing just not to that extreme.He is doing a great job and always responds to my ?'s and i thank him for that.
1) first my plans are to put blue board down and then alum. floor in back

2) Then build a deck all alum. frame and 3/4" marine plywood for casting deck.Don't want to use plywood but no other idea's that will be strong or in my price range.

3) I have read about lowes selling vinyl floor cover that some are using has anyone did this/or know of this??????????????????

This will be a slow mod as work is first and i work a lot but in the end it will be Worth the wait nothing good ever happens FAST.

HELLO ALL

Welcome Aboard caveman ! :D Plan On Posting Pictures With Progress Of Your Boat, Or, If You Run Into A Situation On The Project. We Love Pictures; Hey, Even Ancient Cavemen Drew Pictures For Us To Look At. What Area Are You Located In? Vinyl Flooring Seems To Me Like It Would Be Slippery When Wet, And Not A Good Choice. ???

countryboy210 said:
Welcome Aboard caveman ! :D Plan On Posting Pictures With Progress Of Your Boat, Or, If You Run Into A Situation On The Project. We Love Pictures; Hey, Even Ancient Cavemen Drew Pictures For Us To Look At. What Area Are You Located In? Vinyl Flooring Seems To Me Like It Would Be Slippery When Wet, And Not A Good Choice. ???

What he said \:D/ \:D/

hey
countryboy i am not that far from you EAST,TN. I was up that way not long a go pics. soon

Latest posts