New software at work.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natetrack

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody else here has ever used a program called Fourth Shift, but we are dumping it in favor of a new software called Vantage. I am so excited about getting rid of the 1980's functionality of Fourth Shift that I had to post something about it.

Rant over. Thanks

The software is for controlling inventory and accounting of our manufacturing company. It controls all of our invoicing, shipping, inventory, credit, and such. Not sure if it is Linux or Unix.

We use a product called MAXIMO. I had it mostly figured out and then we did an upgrade... WHY do they call them upgrades when you have to relearn everything and it runs slower??? :roll:

Popeye said:
WHY do they call them upgrades when you have to relearn everything and it runs slower??? :roll:

You need an upgrade to match the upgrade Popeye

Maybe you can become Batman?

I am happy to be changing, but some of the guys who have worked here for 20+ years are a little worried. They are set in their ways and switching to new software just might be the death of them. I wonder if this will happen to me in 20 years? :-k

natetrack said:
I am happy to be changing, but some of the guys who have worked here for 20+ years are a little worried. They are set in their ways and switching to new software just might be the death of them. I wonder if this will happen to me in 20 years? :-k

Sadly, probably less time than that. #-o

It's becoming more true all the time that if you don't keep up with technology, you will be left behind. Look what happens every time Microsoft comes out with a new operating system. Can you imagine trying to get along in today's world with only DOS or even Windows 95 ?? Lots of companies are still using old hardware and software, but will eventually be SOL when something goes wrong and they are forced to upgrade or change. It's cheaper and easier to plan for change rather than to be forced into it.

Popeye said:
Windows 95? You mean there's a newer version than my Windows 3.1?

Nope... :roll:

Go to the command prompt and type "format C:\" without the quotes and hit Enter.