Top 5 species of fish that you would love to catch.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specknreds

Reaction score
What are the top 5 species of fish that you would love to catch but never have? It could also be a destination.

1 - Marlin, I've have hooked into over a dozen now and have yet to get one to the boat :(

2 - Tigerfish, My dad and I have dreamed of making a Amazon trip and almost booked a trip last year.

3 - Cubera Snapper

4 - Salmon, Preferrably on a fly

5 - Halibut, Makes our Flounders look like sardines.

If this thread or one simular has been posted before, let me know.

1. Peacock Bass - Amazon River in Brazil. While there, try for a Payara with Piranah as live bait.

2. Rooster Fish - from the surf in Costa Rica

3. Tiger fish - Zambezi River in Africa

4. Golden Dorado - Argentina

5. Largemouth Bass - El Salto, Mexico

That's a good one!

In no specific order, They would probably be.....

Big Tarpon down in the gulf

Blue Marlin

Alaskan King Salmon

Pirarucu in the Amazon River...again, fishing for other species while there

Sturgeon in British Columbia

Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head....I know there are several more.

Of ones I have never caught before.

Smallmouth bass
Tarpon
Snook
Peacock bass
Walleye

No particular order.

I would love to spend more time fishing the coast. Reds, flounder, seatrout, sharks etc. I would give up my bass and crappie tackle, and move to the coast, and fish 100% for the 4 I just mentioned, plus snook and tarpon.

Great Topic with lots of Great Answers!

My 5, in no particular order, would be:

1.) Peacock Bass

2.) Muskie

3.) Sturgeon

4.) King Salmon

5.) Marlin

1. Muskie
2. Peacock Bass
3. Blue Cat
4. Grayling....they just look cool
5. Salmon

A muskie is going to happen this year [-o<

-Peacock Bass
-Spotted Bass
-Halibut
-Salmon on a fly, even if I didn't catch anything I know I would still enjoy the beautiful scenery in the places they live in.
-Redfish in the backwaters of Louisiana

SMDave said:
-Spotted Bass
Aw, come on down here, and clear us of some of those buggers. Put up a good fight, but they are hurting my largemouth. :shock:

Then, lets tow a boat down to La, and get us some of them reds..... :lol:

Brine said:
1. Peacock Bass - Amazon River in Brazil. While there, try for a Payara with Piranah as live bait.

2. Rooster Fish - from the surf in Costa Rica

3. Tiger fish - Zambezi River in Africa

4. Golden Dorado - Argentina

5. Largemouth Bass - El Salto, Mexico

Perfect list, but maybe Baccarac instead of El Salto (If your paying though I will go anywhere)

bassboy1 said:
SMDave said:
-Spotted Bass
Aw, come on down here, and clear us of some of those buggers. Put up a good fight, but they are hurting my largemouth. :shock:

That is one reason why I thought of this thread. If your ever in the New Orleans or MS Gulf Coast area, I can make this happen for ya'll. You have a invitation to come redfishing anytime.

I guess I'm more a homebody.

1. Smallmouth Bass. Great Lakes
2. Walleye. Columbia River
3. Pike. Up north to Canada
4. Sturgon over 7'
5. Since I was old enough to remember, Marlin

Kinda a cold shot making all of us think about this before things start warming up for good. :cry:

1. Swordfish (only seen them caught)

2. Hammerhead shark (only caught little guys)

3. sailfish

4. Dorado

5. Sturgeon

My list is certainly not exotic or extreme except for one. The first 4 can be found in the waters I currently fish and those are what I really want to get. The last one would be my ideal vacation relaxation/fishing getaway.

30 inch Walleye
20+ pound King Salmon
16” Yellow Perch
15 pound Flounder
Barramundi

Specknreds said:
bassboy1 said:
SMDave said:
-Spotted Bass

That is one reason why I thought of this thread. If your ever in the New Orleans or MS Gulf Coast area, I can make this happen for ya'll. You have a invitation to come redfishing anytime.
I'll be sure to send you a message if I am down in the area. I have caught a few of those buggers before, and right after the first one, I decided that if I was given the chance to give up bass fishing, and take up coastal fishing, I would do it in a heartbeat. Now, my only problem is I have the chance to make it to the coast once a year, at the absolute most.

Specknreds said:
bassboy1 said:
SMDave said:
-Spotted Bass

PM sent, gonna be in New Orleans March 24 - 27th :D

paulk said:
N
Shark (white,blue anything large)

Sorry Paul it is illegal to catch White Sharks [-X

Lots of other big species out there to fill this need

I will do a few trips for threshers this year if possible (out of the De Bay) - let me know if you want to go

Latest posts