Air Compressor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
When we picked up or Travel Trailer yesterday the service guy was showing us (among other things) how to winterize the rig. He pressurized the water system with an air compressor and as I don’t have one, the wife said we need to get one. Personally I was just gonna take the rig here to werk and use our compressed air system. But since she wants me to get one... :wink: Now I see Sears has quite a few of their Craftsman compressors on sale (with the Craftsman Club discount). Now I just need to figure out which one to get. I like the 26 gallon, $300.00 one but think that would be hard to sell to the wife. I don't use compressed air tools (as evidenced by the fact I don't currently have a compressor). But the $300.00 one comes with a ratchet and wrench... Decisions, decisions.

Sounds like a pretty good deal.An air compressor is kind of like a truck.Once you get your first one,you dont know how you did without it.To be able to check all your vehicle tires without looking for quarters,an air sander is much easier than hand,ect. ect.You wont regret buying it.

Popeye, the 26 gal is a good choice.It can be used for a number of things other than air tools. You can inflate low tires,toys for the kiddies.Dry things quickly. Clean out your gutters,blow leaves, etc.Just remember this, Don't use extension cords. Use multiple hoses to reach the places you need to. I've had mine for over ten yrs,can't imagine life without it. Good luck and good fishing. Steve

Like they said, once you get one you'll wonder how you got along without it for so long. Check the air requirements on various air tools you think you might use with that new compressor, buy a compressor large enough to handle those tools.

Wait a minute!

You say civilized life is possible without an air compresser?

Whoulda thunk it.

Ours has been outta commission for a week, due a 4 inch pipe nipple rupturing, and while fixing it, it has been a PITA to live without it. And of course, we are making it better than it was before. For whatever reason, Campbell Hausfeld supported the pressure regulator, and safety shut off, and on/off switch on a 4 inch long, 3/8 pipe nipple. So, every time you hit the switch and such, it stresses the nipple, and it finally broke. Seeing as we got 20 years out of a stupid design, the new one should be good for a little longer...... :lol:

I personally would stay away from the newer Craftsman stuff (their old stuff was of good quality - the new stuff, well, not so much), but seeing as how you don't use it quite as often as me, it probably would be alright.

Look at the tire ratings of all your vehicles and trailers, and get one that is at least 10 PSI stronger than that, if you don't really have any other requirements for it (don't need it to run air tools that much)

Latest posts