Peticure...Yes or no?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use a Dremel with sander drum for our three Greyhounds, which works great. I'd like to see a demo of the Peticure's though.

I bet that smells nice. :shock:

I can't imagine trying to sand down the railroad spikes that my chessie had.

I don't have a dog but we have 2 cats. One of them takes off running if you even lay a hand on the vacuum cleaner. I would imagine I would have another batch of cat scratches (remember that one?) if I tried it on him.

I can tell you from experience... we got the "delux" model because Tiffany thought she (... I...) could trim Kodiak's nails as opposed spending the $8 to get them done... I got him used to it after about a week, then tried to trim his nails with it - load of crap, the sanding pad wouldn't stay on, and it wasn't coarse enough to trim his nails. Your boxers' nails may not be as hard - but I wouldn't waste the money...

I have a high powered dremel that works a lot better... but I would rather take him to the groomer and have them do it... it's hard holding down a 100lb german shepherd that doesn't want his nails trimmed....

I just do it the old fashioned way with a dog nail clipper. Our lab is 7 months and weighs 72lbs., but I have been trimming his nails every other Sunday evening since he was six weeks old. He sits completely still until he is done and then gets a treat. Our old Golden was terrible about the nails so I wanted to get our new dog on a routine early. So much easier and cheaper then trips to the vet.