Bass Pro Shops

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcritch

Reaction score
I received a letter from BPS about a week ago and it looked like junk mail. It sat on my counter unopened with the rest of my mail from the past few days. yesterday I decided to go through all of my mail and I saw this letter from BPS again. I was going to throw it away but I decided to open it up. The letter starts out saying Congratulations! You have just received a Bass Pro Gift Card- an exciting gift. I still had no idea what this was about. I looked down lower in the letter and it had an order number. My first thought was that I returned something and they gave me a credit for the return instead of applying credit to my credit card, but I do not remember returning anything lately. I figured I was being stupid and payed for something and never received it. I went online to view my past purchases for last year and I only found one credit for an out of stock item. They had already given me a $2.23 credit.

I look on the Gift Card that I received and there was a white sticker on it saying $104.86. In the past 43 years no one has given me anything for free (except Jim :lol: ). I'm figuring there has got to be some sort of catch. Maybe I have to spend $500 to get a $104.86 off, not sure. I find the order number with the gift card and it says "Gift card $104.86"

I then go to the Gift card section of the site, enter the gift card number and pin and it says that I have a balance of $104.86 on the card.

I have no idea why but BPS has sent me a gift card for $104.86 :beer:

I'm wondering if someone sent me a gift.... Don't know.... If so why would it be an odd amount.

If BPS sent me this for no apparent reason then they pretty much have me as a customer for life..... :lol:

Has anyone ever received anything like this from BPS???????

do you have a bass pro rewards card? that's sounds like the deal...
If you don't have a card I do and they sent you mine by mistake I will PM you my address so you can send it to it's proper owner
If your not buying that one how about HAPPY BIRTHDAY I sent your gift early!!!

Wayne

If you have their rewards card check your points balance. They might have cashed you out. Not the way they are supposed to work but you never know. PM me the card number and PIN number and I'll check it out with my friend at BPS, yeah, my friend, that's it. :roll: :roll:

Popeye said:
If you have their rewards card check your points balance. They might have cashed you out. Not the way they are supposed to work but you never know. PM me the card number and PIN number and I'll check it out with my friend at BPS, yeah, my friend, that's it. :roll: :roll:

That was the best one yet... LOL

Congrats on the gift.

I got a piece of mail from them a few weeks ago too and it said something like 100 Bonus Points which I of course thought it meant that they were giving me an extra 100 points on my card. Last week I went in and bought some stuff and tried to use it and the check-out chick looked at it and explained that, no they weren't GIVING me 100 Bonus Points but rather that I had achieved 100 Bonus Points in their system. It kind of whizzed me off because it sure looked to me like it was all dolled up to say that I had gotten something extra. She did mention that after 1 year the points are reset to 0. I always thought that they just kept accumulating.

Mike

She doesn't have a clue. BPS do not reset to zero at the end of the year. There are 2 ways your account can be set up:

1. Every so often they will send you a card where you have a certain amount of money and you need to use or lose the points. (mine was that way)

2. Your points just keep accumulating until you spend them (changed mine to that way)

To get your points program set up the way mine is you can:

1. Call their headquarters customer service center (PITA)
2. Ask at the customer service counter at your local BPS to take care of it. (much easier).

Oh, the cashiers still ask if I want to use my points, but I decline. The last time I used my points was April '08 and I have a balance of 6,530 points, $130.60 worth.

Thanks for the offers to take my cards guys :lol: I'm going to give them a call because it's bugging me......

Gotta say that's the craziest thing about BPS I've heard. Sounds like a rewards point deal... but if so, wow! you buy a lot of stuff with it! I've got a reward card, and I've spent a lot (I thought) but I've only got about 30-35 bucks in rewards.